|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Manufacturer||Mahindra and Mahindra Limited|
Mahindra Cimarrón (South America)Mahindra Enforcer (Philippines)
|Assembly||Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
|Body and chassis|
|Engine||2.5 L MDI turbocharged Diesel|
|Wheelbase||2,680 mm (105.5 in)|
|Length||4,107 mm (161.7 in)|
|Width||1,745 mm (68.7 in)|
|Height||1,885 mm (74.2 in)|
The Mahindra Bolero is a four-wheel drive off-road vehicle produced by Mahindra & Mahindra. Price: The various fuel trims in Mahindra Bolero are priced differently. The Diesel trims are priced between Rs. 6,03,937/- to Rs. 7,78,046/-.
The basic design is based on the Mahindra Armada Grand. The first-generation Bolero was equipped with a Peugeot 2.5 L (150 in3) IDI engine which produced 75 bhp (56 kW). The second generation was released with slightly modified exteriors and the major change was the engine, a 2.5 L (150 in3) in-house engine from Mahindra. It is powered by a 72 bhp (54 kW) 2,523 cc (154.0 cu in) turbo-charged direct injection diesel engine. Bolero seats are high and the bonnet is low and gives a hawk eye visibility with almost zero blind spot. reversing is easy due to its narrow design and thin pillars. Ambassadors and 800 were the symbol of Indian cars and no wonder soon bolero will steal it. Bolero is meant for its ride quality over typical Indian roads. Its way of ride easily shames luxury cars. the sorted suspension system with reliable engine making bolero a success model. It has been long years in the market with top selling numbers and the reason is "bolero a road king".
- Default tyres are 235/75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler radials.
- Mileage is 12.2 km/L (8.2 L/100 km; 29 mpg-US) fuel economy.
Mileage 14 km/L (7.1 L/100 km; 33 mpg-US) fuel economy on highway at around 80 to 100 km.
- Drive: Manual with four-wheel drive option, power steering in SLX and DI variants.
Models and trims
The Bolero is offered in the Indian domestic market in the following trims:
- EX – The "no frills" base model includes vinyl seats, basic digital instruments,and engine immobilization but lacks even the most rudimentary of modern conveniences such as power steering or air conditioning.
- SLE – This trim replaces vinyl with a fabric/vinyl mix, and adds power steering, air conditioning, a heater, a second row center armrest,a remote fuel lid opener, and a spare wheel cover
- SLX – Adds CD and MP3 capability, body color ORVM, a body color spare wheel cover insert,wood finish on the central console, power windows, central locking, keyless entry, and a 12-volt port.
- ZLX – the top of the line ZLX trim adds the Mahindra Micro Hybrid System (similar to start/stop), a more advanced driver info system, exterior graphics, a rear windshield wiper, and VMS
- The DI is similar to the EX trim but is available with the rugged DI engine. The EX, SLE, SLX and ZLX meanwhile are available with the M2Dicr Low Cost Common Rail Engine
An ambulance model is also available.
- Tabamo, Dinzo (14 July 2015). "Mahindra officially enters PH market, releases product lineup and pricing". topgear.com. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Staff (2015-08-11). "Mahindra Bolero in India - Price, Mileage, Reviews, Images, Specs". cartrade.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mahindra Bolero.|