Mahindra Truck and Bus Division
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Layout, sub headings, enbolding etc. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|India, Nepal, Sri Lanka|
|Pawan Goenka (MD)|
Number of employees
|900 approx. (Mar-2014)|
|Parent||Mahindra & Mahindra|
Mahindra Truck and Bus Division, formerly called Mahindra Navistar / Mahindra International, is an Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer formed in 2005 from a joint-venture between Navistar International (49%) of the United States and Indian automobile maker Mahindra & Mahindra (51%). It has been demerged into Mahindra & Mahindra ltd and became a separate division.
Mahindra Truck and Bus Division's Head office is located at Chinchwad, Pune and its manufacturing line is inside Mahindra Vehicles Manufacturers Ltd.,Chakan,Pune.
Mahindra Truck and Bus commercial vehicles range from 3.5 – 49 tons GVW/GCW.
BLAZO (Haulage) 25T, 31T & 37T GVW BLAZO (Tipper) 25T & 31T GVW BLAZO (Tractor) 35T,40T & 49T GCW
FURIO 6.5T to 16T.
LOAD - LoadKing OPTIMO (4.5-6.9T GVW), DI3200 JAYO (4.5T GVW)
BUS - COMFIO,COSMO,Tourister Excelo (15, 25,29, 32, 36, 40, 41, 46, 55 seater buses)
Mahindra launched new series of smart trucks with new branding "BLAZO", in Auto Expo 2016. Company has roped in Ajay Devgan as their 'Brand Ambassador' for promoting the new series. The truck has smart fuel saving technology to help customers as per their usage pattern. These trucks are equipped with different power options which can be switched via fuel smart switches. These trucks also come with Driver Information system which informs the driver with range of information related to truck performance and fuel efficiency on the vehicle dash board. These trucks are also equipped with Digisense Technology.
BLAZO 25, BLAZO 25 TIPPER, BLAZO 31 8X4 TIPPER, BLAZO 31, BLAZO 35, BLAZO 37, BLAZO 37 COWL, BLAZO 40 TIP TRAILER, BLAZO 49.
Mahindra claims following guarantees on their Blazo series:
1. Mileage Guarantee: You will get your money back if the Mahindra Blazo Smart Truck is not able to give you better mileage than other vehicles in the same class.
2. Service Guarantee: Delhi-Mumbai Service Corridor-to make service available at every 60 km across industrial corridor, Company guarantees service support reach within two hours anywhere on the corridor.
BLAZO X (2018)
Mahindra has launched its new variant of HCV trucks called BLAZO X with improved fuel efficiency across its HCV range.
The FURIO range of ICV trucks will be manufactured at the company's Chakan-based facility, near Pune. The medium duty trucks have been designed to offer safe, ergonomic and comfortable cabins in the segment. The cabin has been designed by Italian design house Pininfarina. The new Furio trucks are positioned below the Blazo range from Mahindra and take on the offerings from Eicher and Tata Motors. The truck gets metal bumpers and fenders with cornering lights. Mahindra also claims 5-degree cooler cabin, this was possible due to lower rake angle and a total of 8 outlet ventilation system.
The Furio trucks are powered by Mahindra's new mDi Tech diesel engine that produces 138 bhp at 2400 rpm and 500 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes with Mahindra's FuelSmart technology to optimise fuel consumption, and comes with multi-mode switches depending on the load conditions. Furthermore, the new engine has been designed to be light weight, and have low friction in a bid to achieve higher fuel efficiency. Mahindra says the engine will offer high torque at low rpms and has been through a number of test cycles.
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Transport Excellence Awards
A new initiative by Mahindra Truck And Bus Division, to recognize achievements in field of transportation. There are various award categories to apply for. HaveASafeJourney (#HASJ)
Mahindra Truck and Bus Division and Natural Habitat Preservation (NHP) Centre has jointly announced that it will support the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) in its Road Safety program, through a national awareness campaign #HaveaSafeJourney (#HASJ). The campaign will be live between 15 August – 15 October 2016.
Mahindra Saarthi Abhiyaan
Mahindra Truck and Bus Division (MTBD) felicitated 14 girl children of its truck drivers through the Mahindra Saarthi Abhiyaan. Launched in January 2014, this special program is committed to making a contribution by transforming the lives of truck drivers’ girl children in India and ensuring them their right to higher education. The company has planned to felicitate each girl selected for this scholarship in the presence of prominent personalities and the management team from Mahindra by giving each of them a demand draft of Rs.10,000 and a certificate in recognition of this achievement. A pan-India initiative, the first celebration was hosted in Pune on 24 May with 14 girls being felicitated at the company's headquarters in Chinchwad.
- "Mahindra completes purchase of Navistar's stake in India Joint Ventures". Mahindra.com.
- "Mahindra International is now Mahindra Navistar". Motorindiaonline.in. 8 September 2008. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "The Hindu : Business : M&M forms venture with International Truck of U.S." Thehindu.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Truck & Bus business to demerge into M&M Ltd. To operate as a new Division". Mahindra.com.
- "Mahindra Truck and Bus". Mahindra Truck and Bus. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Business News, India Stock Market, Personal Finance, IPO, Financial News Headlines". The Financial Express. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Trucks and Buses to launch new LCV and ICV ranges". Rushlane.com. 26 August 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Ajay Devgn and BLAZO, a fiery combination transforming the Indian trucking Industry". Blog.mahindratrucksandbuses.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra & Mahindra Connect Enterprise". Mahindradigisense.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 September 2017. Retrieved 13 September 2017.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- ShahJul 24, Ronak; Pm, 2018 1:54 (24 July 2018). "Mahindra Truck Furio range launched: Pininfarina-designed model gives Mahindra a long-awaited advantage". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Furio Range Of Intermediate Trucks Launched In India - NDTV CarAndBike". Auto.ndtv.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Transport Excellence Award 2018". Mahindratransportawards.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Truck and Bus Div announces JV for road safety program". Etauto.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Mahindra Saarthi Abhiyaan". Autocarpro.in.
- "Mahindra Truck and Bus announces Scholarship for girl child of truck drivers". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 9 April 2019.