Mahindra e2o Plus
|Mahindra e2o Plus|
|Production||2016 – 2019|
|Assembly||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Electric motor||three-phase AC induction motor,|
19 kW or 30 kW.
|Battery||11 kWh or 15 kWh or 16 kWh (manufacturer's claim) Li-ion|
|Range||110 km or 140 km|
|Wheelbase||2,258 mm (88.9 in)|
|Length||3,590 mm (141.3 in)|
|Width||1,575 mm (62.0 in)|
|Height||1,585 mm (62.4 in)|
|Kerb weight||932–940 kg (2,055–2,072 lb)|
The Mahindra e2o Plus was a 5-door, 4-seater electric city car produced between 2016 and 2019 by Mahindra Electric for the Indian market. Its front fascia styling was similar to that of its smaller predecessor, the Mahindra e2o. Unlike its predecessor, it was not sold in the United Kingdom.
Comparison of specifications
|Parameter||e2o Plus P2 (fleet vehicle)||e2o Plus P4||e2o Plus P6||e2o Plus P8|
|ARAI electric range||110 km (68 mi)
or 140 km (87 mi)
|110 km (68 mi)||110 km (68 mi)||140 km (87 mi)|
|Battery voltage (V)||48||48||48||72|
|Battery capacity||210 Ah (~10.1 kWh)
or 280 Ah (~13.4 kWh)
|210 Ah (~10.1 kWh)||210 Ah (~10.1 kWh)||210 Ah (~15.1 kWh)|
|Power output||25.4 bhp/19 kW||25.4 bhp/19 kW||25.4 bhp/19 kW||40 bhp/30 kW|
|Maximum torque (Nm)||70||70||70||91|
|Curb weight||937 kg (2,066 lb)||932 kg (2,055 lb)||940 kg (2,070 lb)||990 kg (2,180 lb)|
|Gross weight||1,257 kg (2,771 lb)||1,252 kg (2,760 lb)||1,260 kg (2,780 lb)||1,310 kg (2,890 lb)|
|Source: Car dekho, Mahindra|
The e2o Plus was launched on 21 October 2016 at a price ranging between INR 5.46 lakh and INR 8.46 lakh in Delhi (ex-showroom, after subsidies and incentives). It was one of the cheapest 4-door electric cars in the world, and one of the cheapest 4-door cars with an automatic gearbox (technically, it had no conventional gearbox.)
Initially, it was offered in 4 different trims: P2, P4, P6 and P8. The first three variants had a 19 kW motor powered by a 48V battery pack. The P8 variant had a 30 kW motor powered by a 72V battery pack. According to the manufacturer, the top variant was able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 9.5 seconds.
At the Auto Expo 2018, the manufacturer revealed a version of the e2o Plus with a different front styling and more "premium" interior, named e2o NXT, although given the lack of available photos of this version, except the ones taken at the Auto Expo or shown in promotional materials, it is possible this version never made it into production.
The last e2o Plus rolled off the assembly line on March 31, 2019, although as of May 2019 the vehicle is still available for sale in India. New, more stringent safety rules were mentioned as one of the reasons for discontinuation. Mahindra continues to offer at least one other electric car, the eVerito.[needs update]
- "Know about the Mahindra e2oPlus Car Engine & Mileage | Mahindra Electric". Mahindra Electric.
- "Mahindra REVA e2o EV". WattEV2Buy.
- "Mahindra e2oPlus P8 On Road Price (Electric (Battery)), Features & Specs, Images". Car Dekho.
- "Mahindra Drives in its New Electric CitySmart Car, the 'e2oPlus'". Mahindra.
- "Mahindra e2oPlus P2 Fleet On Road Price (Electric(Battery)), Features & Specs, Images". CarDekho.
- "Mahindra e2oPlus P4 On Road Price (Electric(Battery)), Features & Specs, Images". CarDekho.
- "Mahindra e2oPlus P6 On Road Price (Electric(Battery)), Features & Specs, Images". CarDekho.
- JAYACHANDRAN, ARAVIND (21 October 2016). "Mahindra e2o Plus (4-door e2o) launched at INR 5.46 Lakhs [Updated]". Indian Auto Blog.
- SANCHAYI, SWATI (9 February 2018). "Auto Expo 2018: Mahindra's e2o Facelift Unveiled". V3Cars.
- Daniels, Pearl (1 May 2019). "Mahindra e2o Plus electric car production stops due to low sales". Rush Lane.[permanent dead link]
- "Mahindra e2o Plus to Be Discontinued". www.timesnownews.com. 3 May 2019.
- "Pioneering Urban Mobility in India | Sanjay Krishnan". YouTube. Unreasonable. 18 September 2017.
- "Mahindra And Ola To Power India's First Electric Mass Mobility Ecosystem - NDTV CarAndBike". CarAndBike.
- "Nagpur becomes first city with electric mass mobility, gets 200 e-vehicles". Hindustan Times. 27 May 2017.
- "Update: Zoomcar rolls out Mahindra's EVs in Mysore & Hyderabad". 24 November 2017.
- "Tata Motors joins hands with Zoomcar to deploy 500 electric Tigors across 20 cities". www.businesstoday.in.
- "Mahindra e2oPlus Now Available On Rent From Zoomcar In Pune". ZigWheels.com.