||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (April 2015)|
Mahira Khan in Shehr-e-Zaat
|Native name||ماہرہ حفیظ خان|
|Born||Māhirah Ḥafīz̤ Ḵẖān
21 December 1984
|Alma mater||Foundation Public School
University of Southern California
|Occupation||Actress, Model , VJ|
|Spouse(s)||Ali Askari (m. 2007)|
Mahira Hafeez Khan (born 21 December 1984) is a Pakistani television and film actress. She is best known for her role in Humsafar which helped re-establish the popularity of Pakistani-made shows in Pakistan. Khan's notable work includes Neeyat (2011), Humsafar (2011-2012), Shehr-e-Zaat (2012) and Sadqay Tumhare (2014-2015). She has worked with satellite TV channels MTV Pakistan and Aag TV. She also starred in the films Bol and Bin Roye. Mahira is currently working in Hindi film Raees.
In 2011, Khan made her film debut with Bol directed by Shoaib Mansoor, where played the role of Ayesha, a feisty tomboy, who keeps getting harassed by her father and marries to a Shia Muslim boy without telling her father. Khan made her television debut with the serial Neeyat directed by Mehreen Jabbar. Afterwards she played the role of Khirad Ehsan, a middle-class girl who marries with her wealthy cousin despite his mother and best friend being against this arrangement, in the 2011 television program Humsafar, for which she received positive reviews. Khan states that she is selective with her work and reviews a script closely before deciding to accept, regardless of whether the project is in Pakistan or outside of the country, so that she can spend time with her son.
|Denotes films that are in production|
|2015||Bin Roye||Saba Shafiq||Released|
|2015||Ho Mann Jahaan||Manizeh||To be release soon|
- 2006 MTV's Most Wanted as Host
- 2008 Weekends with Mahira as Host
- 2011 Neeyat as Aalia
- 2011 Humsafar as Khirad Ehsan
- 2012 Shehr-e-Zaat as Falak
- 2013 1st Hum Awards as Host
- 2013 Coke Kahani as Herself
- 2014 TUC The Lighter Side of Life as Host
- 2014 Sadqay Tumhare as Shaanu (Rukhsana)
- "Mahira Khan: 7 things to know about Humsafar’s pretty Khirad Hussain".
- "‘Humsafar made me popular’ - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "In conversation with ‘Humsafar’ couple – Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan Excited About Rumored Screening of Humsafar in India". Pakistan Tribune. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan denies plans for Bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh". Hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan to re-unite again". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan not making her bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "From Karachi to New York: Here's what Mahira wore to Bin Roye premieres".
- "Video of the day: Mahira reacts to Shah Rukh's look in Raees".
- "Beauty with brains". The Express Tribune. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "The next big thing". Dawn. Archived from the original on 2007-12-11. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Mahira the Unusual Shining Star".
- "Mahira Khan to appear in two films". dawn.com. 13 October 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Shoot of Shah Rukh Khan-Mahira Khan starrer 'Raees' begins!". Daily News and Analysis. 16 April 2015. Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- "The real Mahira!". The Express Tribune (Anam Mansuri). Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Ansari, Hasan. "Mahira Khan soon to mesmerise in Bin Roye". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Mahira plays quirky urban girl in upcoming Sheharyar Munawer venture". DAWN.com (Anum Rahman). Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Revealed: Why Mahira Khan was selected as leading lady opposite Shahrukh Khan in Raees