|Died||July 11, 2008 (aged 79–80)|
|Occupation||Radio Pakistan and Pakistani television artist|
|Years active||1945 – 1995|
|Awards||Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan in 1985|
Early life and career
Mahmood Ali was born in Hyderabad Deccan in 1928. Mahmood Ali began his career with the All India Radio in 1945. He migrated to Pakistan after independence, arriving in Lahore in 1947. He soon moved to Karachi and joined Radio Pakistan during its early days, after the independence of Pakistan, in 1947. Mahmood Ali contributed to Radio Pakistan and the Pakistani television for more than 50 years.
His notable contributions are:
- Syed Mahmood Ali started his acting career from a radio play, Khawaja Moinuddin's Theater.
- Haamid Mian Kay Haan (a Radio Pakistan play in the 1950s)
- Mirza Ghalib Bunder Road Pe (a Radio Pakistan play in the 1960s)
- Lal Qila Sey Lalu Khait Tak (a Radio Pakistan play in the 1960s)
- In 1965, Ali joined Pakistan television as an employee.
- His role as 'Maulvi Sahib' in Pakistan Television Corporation's production, PTV TV drama series Taleem-e-Balighan (1966), became very popular.
- Khuda Ki Basti (serial) ( first production in 1969, second production in 1974 by PTV)
Mahmood Ali also worked in over 25 films:
- Chori Chhuppe (1965)
- Khush Naseeb (1980s)
Death and legacy
Awards and recognition
- "Artist Mahmood Ali is no more". Dawn (newspaper). 13 July 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2022.
- "Profile of Mahmood Ali". Urduwire.com website. 17 July 2012. Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2022.
- 'Old but not forgotten: Top 10 Pakistani dramas to re-watch now' Dawn (newspaper), Published 13 March 2015, Retrieved 9 March 2022