This article needs to be updated.(July 2015)
|Chief Justice of Nigeria|
November 2014 – November 10, 2016
|Preceded by||Aloma Mariam Mukhtar|
|Succeeded by||Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen|
|Born||10 November 1946|
Jalingo, Taraba State, Nigeria
Justice Mohammed was born on November 10, 1946 in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, northeastern Nigeria. He obtained a Bachelor of Law degree at Ahmadu Bello University in 1970 and was called to the Nigerian bar, the same year he graduated from the Nigerian Law School.
He joined the services of the Ministries of Justice of the defunct North-eastern state as a barrister and in 1991, he became the acting Chief judge of Taraba State, the same year his appointment was confirmed as the Chief Judge of the state. In 2005, he was appointed to the bench of the Supreme Court of Nigeria as Justice. In November 2014, he was appointed as the Chief Justice of Nigeria to succeed Aloma Mariam Mukhtar, the first female Justice of Nigeria. Justice Mahmud Mohammed is currently the Chairman of the National Judicial Council.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Nigerian Body of Benchers
- Member, National Judicial Council
- "TVC NEWS - Justice Mahmud Mohammed - Magistrate judges - Nigeria - TVC NEWS". tvcnews.tv. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "CJN warns judges against scuttling 2015 polls". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Jonathan, others honour fallen heroes". The Punch - Nigeria's Most Widely Read Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "FJSC Nominates Mahmud Mohammed as Next CJN, Articles - THISDAY LIVE". thisdaylive.com. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Justice Mahmud Mohammed". Vanguard News. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Jonathan approves Justice Mahmud Mohammed as next CJN". DailyPost Nigeria. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- OUR REPORTER. "The man Justice Mahmud Mohammed". The Nation. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "Mahmud Mohammed: The new Chief Justice of Nigeria". Daily Independent, Nigerian Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2015.