Aeroport de Menorca
Aeropuerto de Menorca
|Location||Mahón, Menorca, Spain|
|Elevation AMSL||92 m / 302 ft|
Menorca Airport (IATA: MAH, ICAO: LEMH; Catalan: Aeroport de Menorca, Spanish: Aeropuerto de Menorca) is the airport serving the Balearic island of Minorca in the Mediterranean Sea, near the coast of Spain. The airport is located 4.5 km (2.8 mi) southwest of Mahón after which it is sometimes informally also named.
On 14 September 2006 a partial roof collapse occurred in the new part of the terminal undergoing construction work. The collapse may have been caused by a build-up of heavy rain water. The debris temporarily trapped 20 and injured three workers. A major refit of the airport was finished before the start of the 2008 season. It now has 16 gates linked by jetway to the main terminal building.
Airlines and destinations
|Updated: 16 January 2017. 2016 data Provisional.|
|Passengers||Aircraft movements||Cargo (tonnes)|
|Source: Aena Statistics|
- "Estadísticas – Aeropuertos Espańoles y Navegación Aérea". Aena.es. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120307121555/http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Language=EN_GB&Section=7&SiteName=NavegacionAerea&c=Page&cid=1078418725020&pagename=subHome. Archived from the original on March 7, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2011. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070930055243/http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/09/14/Navigation/177/209010/Three+injured+in+partial+roof+collapse+at+Menorca+airport.html. Archived from the original on September 30, 2007. Retrieved September 14, 2006. Missing or empty
- "Builders hurt in airport roof fall – Sep 14, 2006". CNN.com. 2006-09-14. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Jet2.com Adds Birmingham Routes in S17". routesonline. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Meridiana schedules additional new seasonal routes in S17". Retrieved 8 March 2017.
Media related to Mahón Airport at Wikimedia Commons