|Full name||Maicosuel Reginaldo de Matos|
|Date of birth||16 June 1986|
|Place of birth||Cosmópolis, Brazil|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder|
|2008||→ Palmeiras (loan)||14||(1)|
|2009||→ Botafogo (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:48, 29 June 2015 (UTC).
After very good performances playing for Paraná Clube, he was acquired by Cruzeiro in 2007. Despite great expectations, he never secured a position in the squad and was mostly used as a back-up until June 2008, when he was bought by Traffic Sports, an investor group, and left Cruzeiro to join Palmeiras. After an unsuccessful spell at Palmeiras Maicosuel joined Botafogo in 2009. At Botafogo Maicosuel played at top level and with only five months at Botafogo he was elected the best player of the Rio de Janeiro State competition, "Mago" (magician) was sold to Hoffenheim months later. On 21 May 2009, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim signed the Brazilian midfielder from Botafogo. The player signed a five-year contract and the transfer fee was 4.5 million euros. In summer 2010 he returned to Botafogo.
On 13 July 2012, Maicosuel signed a five-year deal with Italian club Udinese. He had a promising start as he scored on his Serie A debut against ACF Fiorentina, but soon afterwards his error from the penalty spot against Sporting Braga was decisive as Udinese lost the penalty shootout which would have granted the Italian team access to the group phase of the 2012–13 UEFA Champions League. Maicosuel was the only player to miss his penalty, attempting a Panenka chip that goalkeeper Beto easily caught. Braga would go on to win the shootout 5–4.
As of 1 December 2014[update]
|Club||Season||Division||Domestic League||Domestic Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|Atlético Mineiro||2014||Série A||15||1||5||1||2||1||—||22||3|
His name represents an unusual phonetic spelling of "Maxwell".
- Paraná Clube
- Paraná State League: 2006
- Atlético Mineiro
- "Maicosuel" (in Portuguese). globoesporte. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Maicosuel: "Der Fall ist erledigt"" (in German). kicker.de. 21 July 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- "Maicosuel moves to Udinese on five-year deal". UEFA.com. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- Profile (Portuguese)
- Video of Maicosuel's goal in Brazilian championship 2007
- Guardian Stats Centre
- Maicosuel at footballzz.co.uk