|Area||82.6 km2 (31.9 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||South Burnett Region|
Pioneer settler John King dug the first well in the district, hence the name Maidenwell.
The Maidenwell Community Library opened in 2000.
Maidenwell has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
Coomba Falls is located about 2 kilometres east of the town. There is a deep cold pool at the base of the falls surrounded by granite cliffs. It is a popular tourist spot for picnicking, swimming, birdwatching and photography.
- "Maidenwell - town in South Burnett Region (entry 20605)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- "Maidenwell - locality in South Burnett Region (entry 46238)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Maidenwell (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Public Libraries Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. November 2017. p. 17. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "King's Boarding House (former) (entry 602747)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Coomba Falls, Maidenwell - Southern QLD Country". Southern Qld Country. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- "Maidenwell Library". Public Libraries Connect. State Library of Queensland. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2018.