Maigo, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Maigo highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||February 27, 1959|
|• Mayor||Rafael C. Rizalda|
|• Vice-Mayor||Elmer R. Ramos|
|• Total||121.45 km2 (46.89 sq mi)|
|• Density||170/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
- Claro M. Recto
- Liangan West
- Santa Cruz
- Kulasihan (Villanueva)
The town was originally part of Kolambugan before it was declared a municipality of its own. A simple town where Muslims and Christians are living in harmony. But in recent years it had been the target of Moro Islamic Liberation Front which would later result to the fear of the people. Many locals have migrated to other places in Lanao del Norte and to Manila to avoid the fighting.
|Population census of Maigo|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- League of Provinces by: Roberto C. Arellano
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|