10.20 / November 28, 2018
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Mail transfer agent|
MailEnable's features include support for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP email protocols with SSL/TLS support, list server, anti-virus and anti-spam and webmail functionality. Administration functions can be performed using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) or a web browser.
According to one survey in May 2016, MailEnable has the largest reported install base on the Windows platform, and ranked fourth all in the list of email servers visible on the internet behind exim, Postfix and Sendmail.
There are four editions of MailEnable;
- Standard (Free, fully functional, POP and SMTP server which also provides IMAP and webmail)
- Professional (Content filtering and antivirus)
- Enterprise (Collaboration/sharing, database and clustering)
- Enterprise Premium (Mobile web administration and unlimited Outlook Client/MAPI connections)
Control panel support
MailEnable integrates with the following content filtering providers;
- "MailEnable Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net". AlternativeTo. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Mailenable Pty. Ltd. - ABN, ACN, Business names, Former names". www.aubiz.net. Aubiz.net. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Mailing List overview - Plesk for Windows with Mail Enable". www.3essentials.com. 3Essentials Hosting. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Wilson, Mac (24 October 2015). "Most Popular Webmail Clients | Squirrel Mail | Horde Mail | RoundCube Mail". www.eukhost.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "How to setup web admin email account from MailEnable". www.accuwebhosting.com Web Hosting Technical Support Discussion Forum. AccuWeb Hosting. 26 August 2008. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Marculescu, Ana. "MailEnable Enterprise Premium". Softpedia.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Mail (MX) Server Survey". www.securityspace.com. SecuritySpace.com. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Faulkner, Jason (19 October 2010). "How to Build a Self Contained Email Environment". howtogeek.com.
- Puha, Olivian. "MailEnable Standard". Softpedia.com. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Windows Mail Hosting | Liquid Web". www.liquidweb.com. Liquid Web Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "MailEnable Pty MailEnable Professional Edition Reviews, Price Quotes, Problems, Support | Reviews | Spiceworks". community.spiceworks.com. Spiceworks Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Netcetera :: Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, eCommerce and Domain Name Registration". www.netcetera.co.uk. Netcetera Ltd. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Chirila, Alexandru. "MailEnable Enterprise Edition". Softpedia.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Administrator's Guide, Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5". www.parallels.com. Parallels. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "How do I patch MailEnable on my Windows Parallels Plesk Panel server? | VPS & Dedicated Servers (Hosting Control Center) - GoDaddy Help". au.godaddy.com. GoDaddy. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Hosting Controller Supported Software - Hosting Control Panel for Windows and Linux | Web Hosting Automation Software| Windows & Linux Hosting Control Panel". hostingcontroller.com. Hosting Controller Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ensim Control Panel". www.technetex.ca. Technetex Canada. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Websitepanel and Mailenable". social.msdn.microsoft.com. Microsoft Developer Network. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "AntiSpam & AntiVirus Solution for MailEnable - SpamAssassin, ClamAV, Message Sniffer". www.mxuptime.com. Mxuptime.com. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "MailEnable Anti-Spam Protection Plugin | MagicSpam". magicspam.com. LinuxMagic Inc. Retrieved 2 June 2016.