Maine Trolley Cars
Maine Trolley Cars
Portsmouth, Dover & York Street Railway car 108, one of four non-passenger vehicles among the 10 in the group
|Nearest city||Kennebunkport, Maine|
|NRHP Reference #||80000262|
|Added to NRHP||November 14, 1980|
The Maine Trolley Cars are a group of 10 rail vehicles, mostly trolley cars, located in Kennebunkport, Maine. The cars were built in various years between 1893 and 1926, and the group was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 14, 1980. The trolley cars are a small part of the large collection of vehicles at the Seashore Trolley Museum. While the museum's collection of more than 250 vehicles includes ones from several different U.S. states and a few foreign countries, the 10 vehicles in the National Register listing were all operated in the state of Maine at one time.
The following vehicles are included in the listing:
- Passenger car #14, Narcissus, of the Portland-Lewiston Interurban
- Baggage/express/mail car #8 of the Mousam River Railroad (unpowered trailer)
- Passenger car #31 of the Biddeford and Saco Railroad
- Locomotive/express car #52 of the Aroostock Valley Railroad
- Passenger car #70 of the Aroostock Valley Railroad
- Passenger car #82 of the York Utilities Company
- Passenger car #88 of the York Utilities Company
- Locomotive #100 of the Atlantic Shore Line Railway
- Railway post office/express car #108 of the Portsmouth, Dover & York Street Railway
- Passenger car #615 of the Portland Railroad Company
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Frank A. Beard (July 1980). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory – Nomination Form: Maine Trolley Cars" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
|This article about a property in Maine on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|