Maine Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Maine Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col James R. Jordan|
|Vice Commander||Lt. Col Catherine Spaulding|
|Chief of Staff||Lt. Col Lewis Curtis|
|Statistics as of 2017|
The Maine Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Maine. Maine Wing headquarters are located in Augusta, Maine. The Maine Wing consists of over 300 cadet and adult members at over 10 locations across the state of Maine.
The Maine Wing of the Civil Air Patrol performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Maine Wing of the performs emergency services missions, including assisting the Maine State Police in searching for missing or overdue aircraft, as well as the prosecuting of emergency distress beacons as reported by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. Members of the Maine Wing train to obtain Incident Command Staff, Ground Team, and Air Crew Search And Rescue (SAR) qualifications. The wing also performs aerial photography missions following natural disasters, as well as performing search and rescue missions. The wing has a Critical Incident Stress Management team used to assess members and non-members for signs of trauma or stress when responding to an emergency.
The Civil Air Patrol offers cadet programs for youth aged 12 to 21, which includes aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership. The Maine Wing offers an annual encampment where cadets are provided with additional training.
The Civil Air Patrol provides education to youth through cadet programs and through educational material provided to teachers through the education system. Adult members may assist in providing aerospace education to cadets.
|ME033||33rd Composite Squadron||Caribou|
|ME035||35th Composite Squadron||Bangor|
|ME036||36th Composite Squadron||Augusta|
|ME038||38th Composite Squadron||Bar Harbor|
|ME056||56th Composite Squadron||Waterville|
|ME058||58th Composite Squadron||Portland|
|ME075||75th Composite Squadron||Machias|
|ME077||77th Composite Squadron||Lewiston|
|ME078||78th Composite Squadron||Sanford|
|ME999||Maine State Legislature Squadron||Augusta|
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "Welcome!". Maine Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Maine Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Maine Wing Encampment 2014". Maine Wing Cadets Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Maine Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). Gocivilairpatrol.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 August 2015. Retrieved 9 November 2015.