Mairead Farrell (radio presenter)
Mairéad Farrell is an Irish radio presenter.
Mairead was born in Finglas on the Northside of Dublin. On a 2008 episode of The Panel, she admitted to completing a year in Dundalk Institute of Technology but dropped out at the end of her first year. She has said she was "never academic". She completed a V.T.O.S course in general studies where she learned to cook. She is reportedly afraid of spiders, and is allergic to cashmere.
Farrell was featured on The Ray D'Arcy Show 9am to midday every weekday on Today FM. Mairead initially interned on the show before being promoted to broadcasting assistant, and then becoming co-producer and featuring as an on-air contributor.
She now works as a producer for the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show.
From November 2006 Mairead became a panelist on series five of the popular RTÉ show The Panel. She is often the butt of the other panellists' jokes, as there is usually only one female panelist. Her choice of underwear is constantly ridiculed by the other panelists.
She did Hello Baby, Bye Bye Body, an RTÉ programme on post-pregnancy body issues, in December 2011.
It was announced on 4 July 2010 that her marriage to advertising executive Eamon Fitzpatrick had ended. She had married him at the age of 24 after meeting him when her mother died on the eve of her 21st birthday. Her father, 73, is still alive and well. Mairead got engaged to businessman Louis Ronan and they were married in the village of Ballyclerihan in County Tipperary in June 2015. .   Her hobbies include Boxing, Tae Bo, Bog Snorkeling, and Darts.
- "The Ray D'Arcy Show". Today FM.
- "The Panel Panelists". RTÉ.
- Butler, Laura (4 February 2012). "Mairead -- I was amazed by support for show on being a new mum". Evening Herald. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
The 31-year-old admitted she was braced for a "mixed response" to the Hello Baby, Bye Bye Body programme which aired on RTÉ last December, but was thrilled when she didn't receive any negative feedback.
- "Today FM star Mairead splits from husband". RTÉ Ten. 6 July 2010. Retrieved 6 July 2010.
- "Today FM broadcaster Mairéad Farrell’s first marriage ‘was rebound’ in grief after she lost her mother to cancer in 2001". evoke.ie. 22 September 2014.
- Details she revealed on The Saturday Night Show with Brendan O'Connor on 26 November 2011 in an appearance intended to promote her Hello Baby, Bye Bye Body TV show.
- "Rock ON – Mairéad shows off her sparkler at last – and one expert estimates the ring to be worth a whopping €30,000". evoke.ie. 29 August 2014.
- "Mairead Farrell wedding date set for this summer, and we've got the details". evoke.ie. 10 April 2015.
- "Fashionably late, Mairead Farrell says ‘I do’". evoke.ie. 5 June 2015.
- Finn, Melanie (9 August 2012). "Boxing fan Mairead jetting off to back Katie for gold". Evening Herald. Retrieved 9 August 2012.