This is an old revision of this page, as edited by AJFU at 04:38, 12 December 2014 (→Career: Reference doesn't say Trevorrow would be co-writing Jurassic World). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
|Alma mater||Tisch School of the Arts|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, film producer|
Colin Trevorrow (born September 13, 1976) is an American film director and screenwriter best known as the director of the 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed, and the upcoming Jurassic Park sequel Jurassic World.
He wrote and directed his first short film, Home Base, in 2002; since then it has received over 20 million hits online. He continued working as a screenwriter, selling his first spec script titled Tester to Dreamworks in 2006. In 2008, he paired up with Derek Connolly, ten years after they had first met as NYU students while working as interns on Saturday Night Live, to write a buddy cop film script called Cocked and Loaded. Trevorrow said that the experience was so enjoyable that he decided to give up solo screenwriting and work with Connolly.
In 2012, Trevorrow directed Safety Not Guaranteed, a film inspired by a classified ad which ran in a 1997 issue of Backwoods Home Magazine that read: "Wanted: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. Must bring your own weapons. I have only done this once before. Safety Not Guaranteed." The script was by Connolly, who intended for Trevorrow to direct it. The film received various accolades, including a nomination for Trevorrow for the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature.
After the release of Safety Not Guaranteed, Trevorrow and Connolly were hired by the Walt Disney Company to write a remake of the 1986 film Flight of the Navigator; this announcement came after false rumors that Trevorrow would be directing Star Wars Episode VII. Trevorrow is also writing a script with Connolly titled Intelligent Life, to be produced by Big Beach.
|2002||Home Base||Yes||Yes||Yes||Short film|
|2012||Safety Not Guaranteed||Yes||Yes|
- Sneider, Jeff (February 6, 2012). "Tisch School alum make Sundance impressions". Variety. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- "Colin Trevorrow". Independent Spirit Awards. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Connelly, Brendon (December 20, 2012). "Safety Not Guaranteed's Colin Trevorrow On His Old Scripts That Might Yet Get Made". BleedingCool.com. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Jones, Alison (January 4, 2013). "Colin Trevorrow has a fresh take on time travelling". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Sneider, Jeff (November 27, 2012). "Disney taps 'Safety' duo for 'Navigator' rewrite". Variety. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Zakarin, Jordan (November 27, 2012). "Colin Trevorrow Tiptoes Around 'Star Wars' Speculation, Looks to the Future". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 25, 2013.