This article relates to the TV programme. For other uses, see Maisie (given name)
|Created by||Lucy Cousins|
|Written by||Andrew Brenner|
|Starring||The Umbilical Brothers|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom/United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||27 (108 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Distributor||Viacom Media Networks
NBCUniversal Television Distribution
|Original network||Nick Jr., Noggin (U.S.)
Nick Jr., CITV (UK)
|Original release||February 11, 1999 – November 22, 2001|
Maisy is a British-American children's animated television series based on the book series by Lucy Cousins. It is narrated by Neil Morrissey (Men Behaving Badly, Bob the Builder) and Brian Greene (Remington Steele, Night Court) in the US version. In the United Kingdom, it was broadcast on CITV (also broadcast on Nick Jr. in 2002.) In the United States, it aired on Nick Jr. and on Noggin (now Nick Jr.) The series was produced by King Rollo Films and PolyGram Television and later as Universal Television when PolyGram folded into Universal, when the company itself was bought by beverage brand, Seagram.
The show focuses on the lives of Maisy Mouse and her friends. A mellow-voiced narrator narrates the action and communicates with the characters while the animals go through their paces without speaking; they instead make various odd sounds and noises that sound like speaking. The narrator, however, can understand them easily because he's the only one that actually speaks. The animated series keeps the two-dimensional visual style of the books.
- Maisy - A female mouse who lives in a yellow house with a red roof.
- Panda - Maisy's little stuffed toy companion.
- Tallulah - A female chick almost always seen wearing a dress and a bow on her head.
- Cyril - A male squirrel who wears a bowtie.
- Eddie - A male elephant who is often in settings where he is too big to participate.
- Charley - A male crocodile who loves to eat.
The series lasted for one season, consisting of 27 episodes. Each episode was made up of four segments.
Maisy was released on VHS in the UK from 1999 until 2003, at which point it was replaced with DVD releases. Universal Studios Home Video released several Maisy VHSs in the US, most of them with the Macrovision copying protection system.
- "Count with Maisy" (1999)
- "Maisy's Bedtime" (1999)
- "Maisy's Colors and Shapes" (1999)
- "Maisy's Friends" (1999)
- "Maisy's Birthday" (2000)
- "Play with Maisy" (2000)
- "Maisy Makes Music" (2000)
- "Maisy's Winter Fun" (2000)
- "Maisy's Springtime" (2001)
- "Maisy's ABC's" (2001)
VHS and DVD releases
- Maisy – Colors and Counting (2000)
- Maisy – Animal Stories (2000)
- Maisy – Birthday and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Christmas and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Bedtime and other stories (2000)
- Introducing Maisy (2001)
- Maisy's Fun in the Sun (2001)
- Maisy's Farm (2001)
- Maisy – Playtime (2001)
- Maisy's ABC (2001)
- Maisy – Circus (2002)
- Maisy and Panda (2002)
- Maisy – Activity Time (2002)
- Good Morning Maisy (2003)
- Maisy – Fun and Games (2003)
- Good Morning Maisy (2004)
- Playtime with Maisy (2004)
- Good Night Maisy (2004)
- Maisy – Splash (2006)
- Maisy – Animals (2006)
- Maisy On the Go (2010)
- Maisy Discovers (2010)
- Maisy – Garden (2010)
- Maisy – Adventures (2010)
- Maisy Helps (2010)
|This animated television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|