This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Temple Trees (Official) Flower Road (Private)|
|Education||Musaeus College, Colombo|
|Alma mater||King's College London|
University of Colombo
University of London
|Fields||Gender and women's studies|
|Institutions||University of Kelaniya|
Maithree Wickramasinghe (born 11 August 1964) is a Sri Lankan academic and Professor of English at the University of Kelaniya., she is the founder director of the Centre for Gender Studies at the University of Kelaniya and is a visiting professor on gender and women's studies at other educational institutions including the University of Colombo and University of Sussex. Maithree Wickramasinghe has delivered keynotes and addressed plenaries at academic and professional fora in the US, Spain, Kenya, India, Pakistan, South Korea and China. She has over 25 years of experience in formulating gender equity and equality policies/strategies, conducting gender sensitization trainings and evaluating women’s and gender programs for local and international organizations.
Family and education
The only child of the late Senevi B. Wickremasinghe and Shiranee Wickremasinghe (née Bandaratilaka) of Nawala, Koswatte. She is an old girl of Musaeus College. She graduated from King's College London with a BA (Hons) degree in English and went on to complete her MA degree in Women’s Studies at the University of Colombo. She had gained her Ph.D. degree from the Institute of Education, University of London specializing on feminist research methodology in Sri Lanka. In 1994, she married Ranil Wickremasinghe Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.
- From Theory to Action - Women, Gender and Development (2000), published by Friedrich Ebert Steiftung.
- ITDG (Practical Action) book Gender Dimensions in Disaster Management (2003/2005), co-authored (with Madhavi Malalgoda Ariyabandhu)
- Beyond Glass Ceilings and Brick Walls – Gender at the Workplace, co-authored with Wijaya Jayatilake and published by the International Labor Organization (2006).
- " Feminist Research Methodology - Making Meaning of Meaning Making (2010) published by Rutledge.
- " Towards Gender Equity / Equality: A Scan of gender Sensitive Laws, Policies and Programmes in Sri Lanka (2012) published by ILO.
- Maithree Wickramasinghe at University of Kelaniya