Maitreyi College is a prestigious college in the South Campus of the University of Delhi, located in Bapu Dham, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021, India. It was established in July 1967 and named after the Vedic sage Maitreyi. An All-women's college, it offers various courses in the fields of Science, Arts and Commerce. The college was recognised by DBT as a star college, conferring the star status to all four of its science departments namely Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Academic courses and departments
Maitreyi College offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Four-year undergraduate programme
- Three-year undergraduate programme
- Two-year post graduate programme
Four-year undergraduate programme
- Bachelor with Honours in English
- Bachelor with Honours in Hindi
- Bachelor with Honours in History
- Bachelor with Honours in Political Sc.
- Bachelor with Honours in Sanskrit
- Bachelor with Honours in Sociology
- Bachelor with Honours in Commerce
- Bachelor with Honours in Botany
- Bachelor with Honours in Chemistry
- Bachelor with Honours in Maths
- Bachelor with Honours in Physics
- Bachelor with Honours in Zoology
- B.Tech Computer Science
There are several societies in the college.
- Abhivyakti: The theatrical society which was established in 1999 and is highly acclaimed.
- Zeal: Western Dance society, which is one of the best Western dance societies in Delhi University.
- Galore: The fashion society; is rated as one of the best in Delhi university
- Nrityakriti : Indian Dance Society which showcases different dance forms of Indian states. Nrityakriti is amongst the best folk dance societies in Delhi university.
- Vista: The Photography Society
- Trenchant: The English debating Society
- The college also has a very active Enactus society.
- Veena Saharan, the first woman pilot of Indian Air Force
- Piya Malhotra, deputy general manager in IBM
- Priyanka Bose, actress and model
- Jyoti Challi, president and CEO, Banyan Solutions inc., U.S
- Sweta Raj Verma, nuclear engineer, Nuclear Research Centre, France
- Pompy Gogoi, bharatanatyam dancer
- Kanupriya Dhingra, winner at Jaipur Literature Festival
- Dr.Ipshita Roy, professor of biotechnology, NIPER
- Sakshi Mittal, IAS, Mission Director, Mission Governance, Delhi Govt
- Dr Livleen Shukla, principal scientist, PUSA
- Sugandha Garg, actress, singer and TV host
- Sanya Khan, poet, Songs of nature and of man
- Prativa Borah, asst coordinator, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology
- Sheetal Gaur, cadet pilot, Indigo
|This article about a university or college in Delhi, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|