|Born||April 16, 1978|
|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA|
|Years active||2003 – Present|
Maiysha Kai (born April 16, 1978), known professionally as Maiysha, is an American soul/R & B recording artist. She has released two albums, This Much is True in 2008 and UnderCover in 2010.
Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Maiysha went to Sarah Lawrence College where she studied vocal performance as well as creative writing and race and gender studies. After graduating, Maiysha moved to New York City to teach at a private school in Manhattan. She also was signed to Ford Models.
Her first album, This Much is True was released August 26, 2008. It was the first release on the Eusonia label. The album was produced by Scott Jacoby, and features 12 original tracks and a cover of Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer". The album also features a duet with Martin Luther. The album received press in USA Today, Newsweek, and TV Guide.
In 2010, she released a live album, UnderCover, via Eusonia. The album was recorded at the Blue Note Jazz Club in Manhattan.
- Schumacher, David. "NYCMUSICSHOW, Episode 4". nyc.gov. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Gerstenzang, Peter (Fall 2009). "True Believer". slc.edu. Sarah Lawrence College. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Maiysha music on MusicRemedy
- This week's playlist: Elysa injects a little soul - Listen Up - USATODAY.com
- TipSheet : Checklist
- Online Video Guide - Trailers, Videos, Clips, Episodes and Previews for Online Videos | Video.TVGuide.com
- Hines, Kimberley A. (01/06/2009). "Behind the Groove with Mayisha". soulbounce.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012. Check date values in: