287 series EMU on a Kinosaki (4 cars) and Maizuru (3 cars) service, April 2011
|Service type||Limited express|
|Current operator(s)||JR West|
|Line used||Sanin Main Line, Maizuru Line|
|Rolling stock||287 series EMU, Kitakinki Tango Railway KTR8000 series DMU|
|Operating speed||120 km/h (75 mph) (max.)|
The Maizuru (まいづる?) is a limited express train service operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West) in Japan. It operates between Kyoto and Higashi-Maizuru via the Sanin Main Line, and is one of the services that make up JR West's "Big X Network".
The Maizuru 2 and 11 (coupling with the Kinosaki services between Kyoto and Ayabe) stop at Hiyoshi Station.
Since the 12 March 2011 timetable revision, Maizuru services have been operated with 3-car 287 series electric multiple unit trains or 2-car Kitakinki Tango Railway KTR8000 series diesel multiple units, which operate coupled with Kinosaki or Hashidate sets between Kyoto and Ayabe. No Green (first class) car accommodation is available on Maizuru services.
From 18 March 2007, all cars were made non-smoking.
- 特急ガイド: 京都から城崎温泉・東舞鶴・天橋立・豊岡方面 [Limited Express Guide: from Kyoto for Kinosakionsen, Higashi-Maizuru, Amanohashidate, and Toyooka]. JR Timetable (in Japanese) (Tokyo: Kotsu Shimbunsha) (March 2012 issue): p.126–127.
- 平成23年春ダイヤ改正について [Spring 2011 Timetable Revision] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company - Fukuchiyama Branch. 17 December 2010. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- JR Timetable, February 2011 issue, p.(News)60-61
- JR新幹線＆特急列車ファイル [JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File]. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 2008. p. 42. ISBN 978-4-330-00608-6.
- こだわりの新幹線＆特急列車ガイド [In-depth Shinkansen & Limited Express Guide]. Japan: Ikaros Publishing. August 2000. ISBN 4-87149-284-2.
- JR電車編成表 2010夏 [JR EMU Formations - Summer 2010]. Japan: JRR. May 2010. p. 183. ISBN 978-4-330-14310-1.
- JR West 287 series Maizuru train information (Japanese)
- JR West KTR8000 series Maizuru train information (Japanese)