|Founder||Faust Capobianco III|
Majestic Athletic is an American company that designs, markets and manufactures performance athletic apparel, team uniforms, outerwear and licensed athletic wear. The company is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, with manufacturing facilities in Easton, Pennsylvania. Majestic is the official on-field uniform of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Majestic Athletic was founded in 1976 by Faust Capobianco III. Prior to that time, the Capobianco family operated Maria Rose Fashions. As fashion apparel production shifted from the Lehigh Valley to the South, the company shifted focus to the athletic teamwear business.
The company made its NFL fan wear debut in 1989. In 2004, after 22 years of producing MLB batting practice jerseys and fan fashions, Majestic became the sole provider of on-field uniforms for all 30 Major League Baseball teams.
VF Corporation acquired Majestic in 2007, and two years later the "VF Licensed Sports Group" was created. In March 2015, Majestic renewed its contract with MLB through 2019. In January 2016, Majestic finalized a contract extension with the NFL.
On December 5, 2016, it was announced that Under Armour would replace Majestic as the official, on-field uniform provider of Major League Baseball, starting in 2020. On May 18, 2017, Major League Baseball announced that the switch to Under Armour would take place in 2019, one year earlier than previously announced. On January 25th, 2019, Major League Baseball announced that Nike, not Under Armour, would replace Majestic as the official, on-field uniform provider for the league beginning with the 2020 season. Majestic will continue to provide uniforms through the 2019 season.
- Majestic Athletic in Businessweek website
- Brown, Maury (19 March 2015). "MLB Properties And Majestic Athletic Extend Exclusive Partnership For Uniforms And More". Forbes. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- Call, The Morning. "Majestic Athletic scores contract for NFL fan apparel". Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "MLB, Nike and Fanatics form new 10-year global partnership". MLB.com. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- "Brisbane Lions partner with Majestic Athletic - lions.com.au". lions.com.au. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- "Jacksonville's Fanatics Inc. to acquire Majestic sports apparel company". jacksonville.com. Retrieved 2017-06-21.