|Alma mater||University of Mainz|
|Spouse(s)||Mahshid Samii (m. 1961)|
|Children||Amir and Amireh|
|Awards||Rudolf Frey Award (2000)|
Paul C. Bucy Award (2003)
Avicenna Award (2006)
INC Award (2006)
Iranian Science and Culture Hall of Fame (2006)
Leibniz-Ring-Hannover Award (2013)
WIPO Award (World Intellectual Property Organization) (2014)
Golden Neuron Award (2014)
Khwarizmi International Award (2014)
Samii received the "Physician" award by the north German city of Hanover. Former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder hailed the 70-year-old Samii for his medical contribution to neuroscience as head of the International Neuroscience Institute (INI), based in Hanover.
He is the president of the International Neuroscience Institute (INI).
In 2007, he received the "Friendship Award", from the Prime minister of China for his contribution to the medical progress of the country.
In 2011, World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies coined a medal of honor bearing Samii’s name which would be given to outstanding neurosurgeons every two years. The first awardee of this medal was Prof. Maurice Choux from France.
- President of the International Neuroscience Institute (INI) at Otto von Guericke University President of the China INI at Capital University in Beijing
- President of the Neurobionic Foundation
- President of the Board of Trustees of AWD Children’s Assistance Foundation
- Director emeritus of the Neurosurgical Clinic, Nordstadt Hospital in Hannover
- Honorary President of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- Honorary President of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Endowment/Foundation (WFNS)
- Honorary President of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery
- Honorary President of CURAC - German Society of Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery
- 2001: Honorary President of The World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- 2005: Carl Zeiss Honorary Lecture and Visiting Professorship initiated and hosted by the Department of Neurosurgery of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- 2006: Iranian Science and Culture Hall of Fame
- World Physician 2007
- 2008: Friendship Award of the People's Republic of China.
- 2010: Neurosurgical Society of America Medal Recipient.
- 2013: Leibniz-Ring-Hannover Prize winner.
- 2013: Neurosurgeon of the Year: Elected by the World Neurosurgery journal. 
- 2014: World top neurosurgeon and Golden Neuron Award Winner.
- 2017: Awarded Honorary Doctorate title by Uskudar University for his valuable global researches and clinical contributions in Neuroscience.
- "عکس های خانوادگی و خصوصی پروفسور سمیعی در کنار همسر و دو فرزندش". 9 October 2016.
- User, Super. "جوایز، مدالها و افتخارات". www.professormadjidsamii.com.
- "Biography". Professor Madjid Samii - official website. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
Professor Madjid Samii was born in 19 June 1937 (...)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Complete CV - Professor Madjid Samii". Retrieved 27 January 2016.
Nationality: Iranian and GermanCS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Professor Majid Samii named world top neurosurgeon". Press TV. Payvand. 10 December 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
The 70-year-old scientist Professor Samii is known as Iranian-German neurosurgeon that has been the president of the International Society for Neurosurgery.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Iran starts building Mideast largest oncology center in Rasht". payvand.com.
- "Biography". Professor Madjid Samii - official website. Retrieved 27 January 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "EMN e.V. - News". Archived from the original on 2012-02-09. Retrieved 2007-11-11.
- "Home - INI Hannover EN". www.ini-hannover.de. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- "China to Honor prominent Iranian Neurosurgeon". Archived from the original on 2009-03-28. Retrieved 2007-11-11.
- "PressTV-Iran scientist wins Golden Neuron Award". presstv.ir.
- "Medal of Honor".
- "maurice choux".
- "MASSIN". madjidsamiisociety.org. Archived from the original on 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- - World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, List of Honorary Presidents Archived 2009-11-15 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 30 September 2009
- Volker Seifert: Description of the Carl Zeiss Honorary Lecture and Visiting Professorship, in: Department of Neurosurgery of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, September 2007, retrieved 30 September 2009
- Ramina, R. (2013). "Madjid Samii – Neurosurgeon of the year". World Neurosurgery. 80 (5): 472. doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2012.11.056. PMID 24296002.
- Burak YILDIRIM. "Golden Neuron Award Winners". worldacademyns.org. Archived from the original on 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2014-10-11.
- ÜNİVERSİTESİ, ÜSKÜDAR. "Üsküdar University's Honorary Doctorate Ceremony to World-Famous Neurosurgeon Prof. Madjid Samii".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Majid Samii.|