Major League Wrestling
Major League Wrestling (MLW) was a professional wrestling promotion that operated from 2002 to 2004. MLW produced 34 television shows called 'Underground TV', which ran between April 7, 2003 and February 14, 2004. These shows were hosted by Joey Styles and consisted of pre-taped matches from prior events. Major League Wrestling now operates as a "sports property that produces broadcast and digital content within the professional wrestling category."
Professional Wrestling Promotion
MLW's mission was to present itself as an alternative to sports entertainment. Founder Court Bauer described MLW's product as "the most violent, hard-hitting action mixed with cutting edge storylines creating a counter culture attitude that only MLW can deliver to its rabid fans."
MLW World Heavyweight Championship
|Shane Douglas||1||June 15, 2002||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Douglas defeated Vampiro and Taiyō Kea in a 3-way match to become the first champion.|
|Vacated||September 2002||Douglas refused to defend the championship, as per order of Referee John Finnegan after Douglas' attempt to throw down the championship at MLW's inaugural event.|
|Satoshi Kojima||1||September 26, 2002||New York City, New York||Kojima pinned Jerry Lynn to win the vacant MLW World Heavyweight title.|
|Mike Awesome||1||June 20, 2003||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|||
|Steve Corino||1||June 20, 2003||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||Corino challenged Awesome to an impromptu match, immediately following Awesome's victory over Kojima. Corino claimed that Awesome had promised him backstage before his win a shot at the title whenever Corino wanted one.|
MLW Global Tag-Team Crown (GTC) Championship
|C.W. Anderson and Simon Diamond||1||May 9, 2003||Orlando, Florida||C.W. Anderson and Simon Diamond defeated Steve Williams and P.J. Friedman to become the first champions.|
MLW World Junior Heavyweight Championship
|Sonjay Dutt||1||September 19, 2003||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||Dutt defeated Christopher Daniels to win the title.|
MLW now operates as a "sports property that produces broadcast and digital content within the professional wrestling category.". MLW produces podcasts available through MLW Radio.
- MLW Radio - Dropping every Tuesday evening, the flagship podcast of the MLW Radio Network features MLW founder Court Bauer and Mister Saint Laurent along with the occasional guest for a highly charged roundtable podcast that goes in-depth on wrestling, MMA and pop culture.
- Lucha Talk - Join LuchaWorld.com Editor-in-Chief Fredo Esparza, and Lucha Libre experts Dylan Harris and Raul Rodriguez as they cover the latest news, big shows and all things lucha from AAA to Arena Mexico to Lucha Underground and all of the various Mexican independents.
- Bischoff on Wrestling - Eric Bischoff and his co-host, Nick Hausman as they go in-depth on a variety of subjects on a weekly basis.
- The Jim Cornette Experience -One of wrestling’s most prolific minds and mouths in Jim Cornette as he hits you at 100 mph with his blunt and uncensored take on professional wrestling, politics and more.
- Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru - Pull up to the drive-thru and get served a super-sized podcast with your questions being answered by Jim Cornette.
- Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling - MLW Radio Network presents Chicago style wrestling talk from comedian Marty DeRosa and writer/artist/Resistance Pro Wrestling’s Sarah Shockey.
- MSL & Sullivan - Journey deep into the minds of veteran booker and creative mind Kevin Sullivan as he along with Mister Saint Laurent discuss the latest news in wrestling while also delving deep into the wrestling’s past including WCW and other promotions.
- VIP Lounge with MVP - Join MVP, Shelton Benjamin and former WWE head writer Alex Greenfield as they talk pro wrestling, culture, jiu-jitsu and whatever MVP has on his hit list for the week.
- Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard - Bruce Prichard and Conrad Thompson take you through the WWF's expansion in the 80s, Houston Wrestling, the challenging early 90s for the WWF, the GWF, the Monday Night War, the 2000s in WWE and TNA and so much more.
- Eastern Lariat - Hosted by STRIGGA of Purolove.com and Cagematch.net and Dylan Harris of puroresuspirit.net, this bi-weekly podcast series explores the Japanese pro wrestling landscape with analysis, reviews and news on New Japan Pro Wrestling and beyond.
- What Happened When - Tony Schiavone and Conrad Thompson take you through stories from Jim Crockett Promotions and WCW
- History in the Making - Go back in time as pro wrestling historian Matt Farmer and Court Bauer look back on major players, monumental moments and the rich history of the sport.
- Writers Room - Go deep inside the WWE creative department and learn what the process is like, some outrageous backstories and anecdotes from their time at WWE – and even a few notorious stories.
- MLW Radio EXTRA
- Indyriffic - Pro wrestler and historian Matt Farmer along with Jeremey Tate take you along for a ride on the independent wrestling scene as they interview some of today and tomorrow's biggest stars.
- - Court Bauer says the Major League Wrestling venture is "at an end"
- "MLW Underground announces new deal". SLAM! Sports. April 23, 2003. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Martin, Fin (August 2003). "Major League Wrestling". Power Slam Magazine. Lancaster, Lancashire, England: SW Publishing LTD. pp. 22–23. 109.
- Major League Wrestling Underground TV on TV.com
- Major League Wrestling on IMDb.com
- MLW: The Underground on IMDb.com
- MLW: Genesis on IMDb.com
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|