Makahu is a settlement in inland Taranaki, in the western North Island of New Zealand. It is located to the southeast of Strathmore. the Makahu Stream runs south through the area to join with the Mangaehu Stream, which flows into the Patea River.
The name "Makahu" means "White Hawk".
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. Map 35. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. Map 86. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- "Heritage Inventory" (PDF). Stratford District Council. pp. 6–7.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Makahu School". Ministry of Education.
- "Makahu School 100 Year Jubilee". Education Gazette New Zealand. 83 (8). 10 May 2004.[dead link]
|This Taranaki geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|