This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Colchester, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Dr. Jackson Chung, Chief Executive Officer
Aibek Esengulov, Co-founder and Mobile Development
Kaly A. Esengulov, Co-founder
Amina Valieva, President
Ryan Dube, Managing Editor and Smart Home Editor
James Bruce, Chief Technology Officer, DIY and Hardware Reviews Editor
|Alexa rank||768(December 2016[update])|
MakeUseOf is a technology and internet apps blog founded by Aibek Esengulov and Kaly Mochoev. The website's primary focus is software, web applications, and technology, but they have also recently started covering news, opinion, and gadgets as well. MakeUseOf was launched in 2007. They have been noted for being a high supporter of Net Neutrality.
Aibek Esengulov stated that the idea for MakeUseOf came about because "the biggest problem with the web was the lack of sources where users, like myself, could learn about other useful websites".
Awards and media recommendations
PC Magazine named MakeUseOf one of the "Top 100 Undiscovered Websites" in 2007. MakeUseOf has also been named one of the "Top 100 Classic Websites" by PC Magazine on two separate years (2008 and 2010).
- "Jackson Chung on LinkedIn". LinkedIn.
- "About MakeUseOf". MakeUseOf. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Company profile on LinkedIn". LinkedIn.
- "Makeuseof.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Elmer, Vickie (5 September 2010). "Mobile Apps Can Give Careers, Job Searches A Boost". Washington Post.
- "About MakeUseOf". www.makeuseof.com. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "The Major Geeks of MakeUseOf". Love To Know.
- "Aibek Esengulov of MakeUseOf Shares His Startup Story". Foundora.
- "Top 100 Undiscovered Websites 2007". PC Magazine.
- "Top 100 Classic Websites 2008". PC Magazine.
- "Top 100 Undiscovered Websites 2010". PC Magazine.
- "Top Ten Websites You Never Heard Of". Fast Company.