Make Way for Noddy
|Make Way For Noddy|
|Created by||Enid Blyton (Noddy character)
|Directed by||Byron Vaughns|
|Presented by||Naomi Wilkinson|
Ian James Corlett
Tabitha St. Germain
|Theme music composer||Steven Bernstein
Mark Sayer-Wade (music)
Judy Rothman (lyrics)
|Country of origin||United Kingdom
|No. of episodes||108|
|Executive producer(s)||Jonathan Dern
|Running time||15 minutes (Five); 30 minutes (PBS Kids Sprout)|
Thirteen WNET/ New York
|Original network||PBS Kids (U.S.)
|Original release||September 4, 2005 – May 30, 2010|
|Related shows||Noddy's Toyland Adventures (1999)
Noddy, Toyland Detective (2016)
Make Way for Noddy is a British-American musical CGI animated series for children, produced by Chorion of the United Kingdom in conjunction with SD Entertainment in the United States. Based on Enid Blyton's Noddy character, it originally aired in twelve minute segments as part of the Milkshake programme on Britain's Five, from September 2, 2002 to June 16, 2007. It was repeated until the beginning of 2016. In 2005, the American version of the series was launched in the United States on PBS in a half-hour version. This version was a longer format; it combined two of the twelve minute segments with new material.
Along with the story episodes featuring Noddy and his friends, the PBS format included two interstitial programs, a music video and footage of British television presenter Naomi Wilkinson from Milkshake! The Say it with Noddy interstitials featured Noddy learning various foreign language words from a robot named Whizz (voiced by Matt Hill).
Although most of the Noddy characters had been re dubbed to remove their English accents, Naomi spoke with a strong English accent, and used British English words and phrases in conversation. It features songs with music by Mark Sayer-Wade, and lyrics by Judy Rothman.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: character names and descriptions are poorly written, using an unencyclopaedic tone (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Noddy (voiced by David Kaye) is the protagonist of the series. He is a wooden boy who lives in Toyland. Although he is characterized as a child, with a child's imagination and fears, in Toyland he also serves as the main taxi driver. He often finds himself in difficult situations due to his childlike impulsiveness and energy, but his friends always help him set things right and save Toy Town from the Goblins.
- Tessie Bear (voiced by Britt McKillip) is Noddy's best friend, always ready to help everyone she sees. She wears a pink and white skirt and a pink (sometimes green) bonnet with blue flowers on it. She lives in a pink house in Toy Town with Bumpy Dog, her faithful and rambunctious pet.
- Big Ears (voiced by Michael Dobson) is a wise old white bearded brownie who wears a blue coat, green striped pants, a yellow and red plaid neckerchief, gnome shoes, and a long red hat and lives in a toadstool house in the forest called Toadstool Woods. He is a father figure to Noddy and the other toys, often helping them out of trouble with his years of wisdom and good advice. His catchphrase to Noddy is "You funny little Noddy".
- Dinah Doll (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain) is a toy plastic doll, the Toy Town shopkeeper. Her stall, though small, contains everything a Toyland resident could ever possibly want. From toy trains and kite strings to Googleberry muffins, she greets every request with her favorite promise: "I have that, now I just have to find it!" She's portrayed as a down to earth "older sister" figure, kindly guiding the more impulsive toys into doing the right thing.
- Mr Plod (voiced by Richard Newman) is Toyland's sole police officer. Armed with his trusty whistle and his all purpose problem solving phrase "STOP! In the name of Plod!", he brings law and order to Toyland, keeps Sly and Gobbo out of the way, and makes the streets safe for all the toys. Although Mr Plod's no nonsense ways keep Toyland safe, they sometimes make him seem cold or unfeeling, but the Toyland toys always bring out his compassionate side in the end.
- Bumpy Dog (voiced by Lee Tockar) is Tessie Bear's dog, whose bumping and jumping cause trouble for all the toys. Even though some of the toys complain about his leaping, in several stories Bumpy's energy can save the day.
- Sly and Gobbo (voiced by Doug Parker and Don Brown) 2 crafty gobins, the series' antagonists, who are always hatching evil plots and causing trouble for the residents of Toyland.
- Mr. Sparks (voiced by Lee Tockar) is Toyland's mechanic, fix-it man, and jack of all trades. Faced with a clock without a spring, a rocket without an engine, or a problem without a solution, he brings out his tools and his famous catch phrase "A challenge?...I like it!". He speaks with a Scottish accent, and is always shown as an ingenious and helpful friend.
- Miss Pink Cat (voiced by Carrie Mullan) owns Toy Town's ice cream shop. She is portrayed as very fussy and neat and lovely and pretty, with a French accent and no patience for foolishness, even her own.
- Master Tubby Bear (voiced by Manny Petruzzelli) is a stuffed teddy bear, is one of the more mischievous residents of Toyland. He wears a tie, a colorful cap, and blue jeans. He was impatient, greedy and thoughtless, until one of the older, wiser Toy Town toys showed him the error of his ways. He's good friends with Martha Monkey.
- Martha Monkey (voiced by Kathleen Barr) is a stuffed monkey whose personality makes her a bit of an outcast in Toyland. She seems to want to be everyone's friend, but her boisterous behaviour and prankster ways often get in the way. Like Master Tubby Bear, her best friend, she'll quickly see the light when her bad behaviour is corrected by a caring friend.
- Mr. Jumbo (voiced by Ian James Corlett) is a friendly stuffed elephant. He uses his size to help smaller toys, like his best friend Clockwork Mouse.
- Clockwork Mouse (voiced by Matt Hill) is a wind-up toy mouse, Mr. Jumbo's best friend.
- Mr. Wobblyman (voiced by Ian James Corlett): A roly-poly toy that wobbles and tips wherever he goes because he has a ball for his body. He's very self conscious about his clumsiness, especially when his wobbling attracts teasing.
- The Skittles (voiced by Chantal Strand) are a family of bowling pin like toys who love nothing more than to be knocked over, whether by each other, a Bouncing Ball, or Bumpy Dog. Mrs. Skittle can often be seen in Toy Town, trying to keep them all in sight.
- Harvey and Cecilia are two beetles who are often overlooked because of their small size and can normally be seen trying to cross the road. They talk in most episodes, but not on other ones. They belong to less nosser beetles.
- Tiny Ball is one of a large family of Bouncing Balls whose energetic bounces really make a big impression whenever they come to Toy Town. Tiny, though the smallest of all the Ball family, is also known to all the toys as the best bouncer in Toyland.
- Noddy's car is the Toy Town taxi. It listens to Noddy, and answers with a "honk! honk!" Though Car, as Noddy calls him, generally needs a driver, at times he can move on his own, especially when Noddy needs help.
|Country / Region||Channel|
|United Kingdom||Channel 5 (English)|
|S4C (Welsh) (Former)|
|United States||PBS Kids (Former)|
|Discovery Kids (Asia)|
|Philippines||Playhouse Disney Asia (now Disney Junior)|
|Q 11 (now GMA News TV)|
|GMA Network (Former) (First airing: April 2002)|
|Netherlands||Disney Channel (Netherlands)|
|Nick Jr. (Netherlands)|
|Nick Jr. (Germany)|
|Italy||Disney Junior (Italy)|
|Australia||Nick Jr. (Australia)|
Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Macedonia||Mini TV (Serbian)|
- Too Many Noddies
- Noddy and the New Taxi
- Noddy & The Magic Bagpipes
- Noddy Has a Visitor
- Noddy's Perfect Gift
- Noddy's Lucky Day
- Policeman For a Day
- Bounce Alert In Toyland
- Tickled Pink
- Noddy's Pet Chicken
- Noddy Goes Shopping
- Hold Onto Your Hat Noddy
- Toy Town's Winning Team
- Noddy and the Bumper Monster
- The Magic Powder
- A Bike For Big Ears
- Noddy and the Voice of Plod
- Master Tubby's Opposite Day
- Don't Be Scared Noddy
- The Goblin's Stopwatch
- Mr. Sparks and the Broken Clock
- Noddy's On The Move
- The Flower Thief/Noddy and the Magical Moon Dust
- Noddy and the Treasure Map
- Mr. Plod & The Jail Bird
- A Grey Day In Toy Town
- Noddy's Car Trouble
- Bumpy Dog's Day
- The Out-Of-Control Tower/The Magic Eraser
- Noddy & The Naughty Box/Noddy and the Curious Package
- Skittle In The Middle
- Googleberry Moon
- Noddy's Wake Up Call
- Miss Pink Cat's Country Adventure
- The Big Sneeze
- The Magic Rubber
- Dinah's Day Out
- Catch A Falling Star
- Driving Miss Pink Cat
- Noddy's Clothes On The Loose
- Fire Chief Dinah
- Goblin Good Deed Day
- Noddy - The Best Driver In The World
- The Great Goblin Giveaway
- Noddy The Rainbow Chaser
- Above It All
- Noddy & The Magic Sound Cup
- Mr. Plod's Little Problem
- Noddy & The Towering Flower/Noddy and the Criss Cross Cups
- The Great Goblin Switch
- The Case of the Missing Ball
- The Great Train Chase
- A Surprise For Tessie Bear
- Clockwork Mouse's Wish
- Master Tubby's Chocolate Dream
- What Strange Weather
- Forgive Me Not
- Bicycle Battle
- Lie Down, Mr. Wobbly Man
- Noddy's Car Loses Its Voice
- Noddy Through The Looking Glass
- Mr. Plod In Jail
- Goblins Above
- Noddy & The Big Chicken Roundup
- Master Tubby Goblin
- Just Be Yourself Noddy
- The Goblins & The Invisible Paint
- Don't Be Late, Noddy
- Noddy & The Broken Dishes
- Noddy The Artist/Goblins Good Deed Day
- Noddy's Special Treat
- Noddy Builds A Rocketship
- Mr. Plod, The Best Policeman
- No Nap For Noddy
- Big Ears For a Day
- Noddy Loses His Bell
- Up, Up and Away
- The Big Fib
- Noddy's Family Tree
- The Listening Game
- Noddy and the Curious Package
- Shelf Help
- Good Neighbour Noddy
- Noddy Needs Some Medicine
- Noddy and the Funny Pictures
- Noddy Gets Lost
- Master Tubby's Name Game
- Noddy Helps Out
- Noddy & The Lost Tool
- Noddy's Great Discovery
- Noddy Has a Difficult Day
- Noddy Can Fix It
- Bumpy Dog's Visit
- The Toy Town Parade
- Noddy's House of Cards
- Martha Monkey's Banana Pie
- Noddy and the Skittles
- The Balancing Act
- Noddy and the Missing Muffins
- The Tell-Tale Bell/Noddy Saves Christmas
Despite being a hit with young audiences, the series has been heavily criticised by fans of Noddy's Toyland Adventures for its derivatives from that series, as well as its unlikeable characterisation and poor writing. It has a 4.1/10 rating on IMDB and a 6.0 rating on TV.com.