Make the Yuletide Gay
|Make the Yuletide Gay|
|Directed by||Rob Williams|
|Produced by||Rodney Johnson |
|Written by||Rob Williams|
|Music by||Austin Wintory|
|Edited by||Denise Howard|
Guest House Films
|Distributed by||TLA Releasing|
Make the Yuletide Gay is a 2009 American Christmas-themed romantic comedy film written and directed by Rob Williams about a gay college student who is out at school, but is afraid to reveal his sexual orientation to his parents. It stars Keith Jordan as Gunn, and Adamo Ruggiero as Gunn's boyfriend and roommate, Nathan. Kelly Keaton and Derek Long star as Anya and Sven, Gunn's parents, while Hallee Hirsh appears as Abby, Gunn's high school girlfriend.
- Keith Jordan as Olaf "Gunn" Gunnunderson: Gunn is a college student who is openly gay at school. Back at home, his parents, neighbors, and high school friends think that he is straight. Gunn is afraid that his parents will stop loving him if they find out that he is gay. When he goes home for Christmas, he has to change the way he dresses and his personal mannerisms in order to maintain his heterosexual façade.
- Adamo Ruggiero as Nathan Stanford: Nathan, an openly gay college student from a wealthy family on the Upper East Side, is Gunn's boyfriend and dorm roommate. Unlike Gunn, Nathan is completely open about his sexuality, including with his parents.
- Hallee Hirsh as Abby Mancuso: Abby lives across the street from Gunn, and they had a brief romantic relationship while they were in high school.
- Kelly Keaton as Anya Gunnunderson: Anya is Gunn's jovial, happy-go-lucky mother. She grew up in Wisconsin and is a housewife.
- Derek Long as Sven Gunnunderson: Sven is Gunn's forgetful, pot-smoking father. He grew up in Minnesota and is a professor at the local college.
- Alison Arngrim as Heather Mancuso: Heather is Abby's mother. Heather and Anya pretend to be friends, but they secretly despise each other.
- Ian Buchanan as Peter Stanford and Gates McFadden as Martha Stanford: Peter and Martha are Nathan's wealthy, emotionally detached parents. They decide to go on a cruise, leaving Nathan all alone for Christmas.
|2009||FilmOut San Diego||Audience Award||Best Narrative Feature|
Best Supporting Actress, Kelly Keaton
Best Supporting Actor, Derek Long
|2009||Seoul LGBT Film Festival||Audience Award||Best Feature|
|2009||Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival||Jury Award||Best Men's Feature|
|2009||North Carolina Gay & Lesbian Film Festival||Men's Centerpiece Selection|
|2009||Philadelphia QFest||Festival Favorite|
|2009||Tampa International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival||Gala Night Film|
Home media release
Make the Yuletide Gay was released on DVD on November 10, 2009.