|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Makhdoom Rashid is 20 km distant from Multan towards the east on Vehari Road (old Multan Dehli Road). The majority of the population is from the Makhdum Abdul Rashid family, also known as Quraishi, and Hashmi . (shah also)
Makhdum Abdul Rashid Haqqani
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The town is named after the Sufi saint Makhdum Abdul Rashid Haqqani who founded this town in the 11th century. Haqqani was a disciple of Mir Sayyid Ali Hamadani, the Sufi preacher who brought Islam to the Kashmir region.
He was born at Kot Karor, Layyah. His grandfather migrated from Makkah to Baghdad, later to Khorezm and then to Kot Karor. He was maternal grandson of Abdul Qadir Jillani and was head of Qureshi Hashmi family of Multan.
When father of Hazrat Bahauddin Zakarya died he was 12 years old then he was grown up by Hazrat Makhdoom Abdul Rasheed Haqqani. When Bahauddin Zakarya came back from Baghdad and was appointed head of Suhrawardiyya silsila, the whole Qureshi family shifted to Multan. Haqqani did not join actively the silsila but supported them.
Most of south Punjab became Muslim due to his efforts.
Haqqani's urs festival is held throughout the month of haar (June) and attracts pilgrims from other areas. A well near the mausoleum is said to produce water only during the month of haar. It is believed that its water cures physical and spiritual diseases. The origin of this belief is a story that Haqqani suffered from disease and after recovering threw the remaining medicine into the well.
The mausoleum and adjacent unique five-dome mosque, reportedly one of two mosques of its type in the world, displays finest Multani art "Blue Pottery".
Allama Abu Al-Khair Asadi was a Sunni Hanfi Islamic poet, philosopher and Muslim scholar. He wrote more than 150 books about Islam. He was the founder of Islamic organization(ادارہ اسلامیہ مخدوم رشید).
-  Akbar Hashmi is a great poet , educationists, broadcaster his book containing saraiki language poems named "sijh da pokha" is great book also.[dead link]
- "Death of Jesus Christ Isa in Quran Islam Hadith & Fiqh by Allama Abu Al-Khair Asadi Makhdoom Rashid". Scribd.
- Death of Jesus Christ Isa in Quran Islam Hadith & Fiqh by Allama Abu Al-Khair Asadi Makhdoom Rashid
- "Allama Abu Al Khair Shah Asdi Book Quran Girti hoi Insaniyat ka sahara". Internet Archive.
- "javed hashmi - haan mein baghi hoan". Scribd.
- ":: Welcome - Makhdoom Javed Hashmi. A brave Politician, A brave Leader". makhdoomjavedhashmi.com.
- [dead link]
- "Adale faroqi ka aik ghalat waqia". Internet Archive.