||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia. (August 2012)|
|Full name||El Hadji Makhtar Thioune|
|Date of birth||5 August 1984|
|Place of birth||Richard Toll, Senegal|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2012||→ Karlsruher SC (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 October 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Makhtar Thioune (born 5 August 1984) is a Senegalese footballer that plays for Viking as a central midfielder. He has previously played for Sarpsborg 08 and Molde in Norway, and Karlsruher SC in Germany.
After playing for ASC Linguère and Port Autonome, before he joined Norwegian club Sarpsborg Sparta FK in 2006. After two years in Sarpsborg, Thioune was brought to Molde by head coach Kjell Jonevret and was one of the key players when Molde finished second in the league and the cup in 2009.
In January 2012, he was loaned out to German 2. Bundesliga club Karlsruher SC and returned after the end of Contract on 30 June to Molde FK. He then decided to leave Molde, as he did not get many chances in Ole Gunnar Solskjær's team. Thioune transferred to Viking FK and signed a contract lasting till the end of the 2015-season, and was reunited with his old coach in Molde, Kjell Jonevret.
Thioune has been capped nine times for Senegal.
- As of 1 October 2014
- – Lokkes, vrakes, dumpes – Dagens Næringsliv 9. may 2009
- Importene tar styringen i eliteserien
- Thioune signs for Molde FK
- "Solskjær selger Thioune til Viking". Norwegian News Agency (in Norwegian) (Dagbladet). 2 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Thioune til Viking for 2 millioner". aftenbladet.no (in Norwegian) (Stavanger Aftenblad). 2 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "KSC holt zwei Neue" [KSC signs two new players] (in German). DFL. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Es gehen: Rada, Charalambous, Soumare und Thioune" (in German). Kicker Online. 15 May 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Thioune til Viking". rogalandsavis.no (in Norwegian) (Rogalands Avis). 2 August 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Makhtar Thioune". altomfotball.no (in Norwegian). TV 2. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
|This biographical article related to Senegalese football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|