From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||850 ft (260 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||438495|
Makin was never properly laid out or platted. A post office was established at Makin in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902. Abraham S. Makin served as an early postmaster.
Makin is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Makin, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. p. 159.
- "Huntington County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
Abraham S. Makin was the first postmaster.
|This Huntington County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|