Making the Cut (2020 TV series)
|Making the Cut|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||59–69 minutes|
|Production companies||SKR Productions|
|Original network||Amazon Prime Video|
|Original release||March 27, 2020 –|
|Related shows||Project Runway|
Making the Cut is an American reality television series created and presented by Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn. The series premiered on March 27, 2020, on Amazon Prime Video. In March 2021, the series was renewed for a second season.
|Jonny Cota||35||Los Angeles, California, U.S.||Winner|
|Esther Perbandt||43||Berlin, Germany||Runner-up|
|Sander Bos||24||Hasselt, Belgium||3rd|
|Megan Smith||38||Kansas City, Kansas, U.S.||4th|
|Ji Won Choi||26||Moore, Oklahoma, U.S.||5th|
|Rinat Brodach||35||Gan Yavne, Israel||6th|
|Sabato Russo||64||Milan, Italy||7th|
|Will Riddle||31||Paris, Stark County, Ohio, U.S.||8th|
|Troy Arnold||34||New York City, New York, U.S.||9th|
|Joshua Hupper||38||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.||10th|
|Martha Gottwald||28||Richmond, Virginia, U.S.||11th|
|Jasmine Chong||31||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||12th|
|Title||Original release date |
|1||1||"Heidi and Tim Are Back"||March 27, 2020|
|2||2||"Haute Couture"||March 27, 2020|
|3||3||"Collaboration"||April 3, 2020|
|4||4||"Fight For Your Life"||April 3, 2020|
|5||5||"Streetwear"||April 10, 2020|
|6||6||"Opposing Forces"||April 10, 2020|
|7||7||"Digital Marketing Campaign"||April 17, 2020|
|8||8||"Brand Evolution"||April 17, 2020|
|9||9||"Pop Up Shop"||April 24, 2020|
|10||10||"The Winner: The Next Global Brand"||April 24, 2020|
|Jonny||IN||LOW||HIGH||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||WIN||LOW||WIN||WINNER||10 - The Winner: The Next Global Brand|
|Sander||IN||IN||WIN||IN||IN[b]||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||OUT||9 - Pop Up Shop|
|Megan||IN||IN||HIGH||HIGH||IN||IN||HIGH||OUT||8 - Brand Evolution|
|Ji Won||HIGH||HIGH[c]||IN||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||7 - Digital Marketing Campaign|
|Rinat||IN||IN||IN||IN||WIN||OUT||6 - Opposing Forces|
|Sabato||IN||IN||WIN||IN||OUT||5 - Streetwear|
|Will||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||4 - Fight For Your Life|
|Joshua||IN||IN||OUT||3 - Collaboration|
|Martha||LOW||OUT||2 - Haute Couture|
|Jasmine||OUT||1 - Heidi and Tim Are Back|
- This was a team challenge so there were two winners for the winning looks.
- Despite not being given a critique, Heidi informed Sander that his looks were not accessible and should be moving forward.
- Heidi informed Ji Won that her "Accessible" look would also be manufactured and be available to purchase on Amazon after an Amazon Fashion representative saw her look and liked it.
- The designer won the Making The Cut Season 1.
- The designer won the challenge.
- The designer had some of the best looks for the challenge but did not win.
- The designer received feedback but was deemed safe.
- The designer was deemed safe and did not receive feedback.
- The designer had some of the worst looks of the challenge but did not get eliminated.
- The designer was originally going to be eliminated, but the judges changed their mind.
- The designer was eliminated from the competition.
The series is executive produced by Klum, Gunn, Sara Rea, Page Feldman and Jennifer Love through SKR Productions.
On March 2, 2021, the series was renewed for a second season.
- Petski, Denise (June 26, 2019). "Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn's Amazon Fashion Competition Series Gets Title, Naomi Campbell & Nicole Richie Among Judges". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- Real, Evan (June 26, 2019). "Amazon Unveils Judges, Title of Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn's Fashion Competition Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- "Amazon Original Series "Making the Cut" Hosted by Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn to Premiere March 27th on Amazon Prime Video". The Futon Critic. January 14, 2020.
- "Making the Cut – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 28, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 7, 2018). "Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn Exit 'Project Runway', Team With Amazon For New Fashion Reality Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 7, 2018.
- Del Rosario, Alexandra (March 2, 2021). "'Making The Cut' Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon; Winnie Harlow & Jeremy Scott Join Fashion Competition Series As Judges". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 3, 2021.