The district is located in Manicaland Province, in northeastern Zimbabwe. Its main town, Rusape, with an estimated population of 29,300 in 2004, is located approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, southeast of Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe and the largest city in that country.
In 2002, the national census estimated the population of Makoni District at 151,596 people. In 2004, the district population was estimated at 272,578. In 2011, the population of the district was estimated at 283,017. The next national population census in Zimbabwe is scheduled from 18 August 2012 through 28 August 2012.
- Estimated Population of Rusape In 2004
- Road Distance Between Harare And Rusape With Map
- Tobacco Is Widely Grown In Makoni District
- Estimated Population of Makoni District In 2002
- Estimated Population of Makoni District In 2004
- Estimated Population of Makoni District In 2011
- Next Population Census In Zimbabwe Scheduled For August 2012
|This Zimbabwe location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|