Makresh Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Makresh|
|• Total||229 km2 (88 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Makresh Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Макреш) is a municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 12 km southwest of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Makresh. The area borders on the Republic of Serbia to the west.
The municipality embraces a territory of 229 km² with a population of 1,938 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
The easternmost border of the area is linked by the main road E79 which connects the province centre of Vidin with the city of Montana and respectively with the western operating part of Hemus motorway.
Makresh Municipality includes the following 7 places all of them villages:
|Tsar Shishmanovo||Цар Шишманово||157|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Info website (Bulgarian)