Максим Юрьевич Соколов
21 May 2012
|Preceded by||Igor Levitin|
|Director of the Department of Industry and Infrastructures of the Government|
|Born||Maksim Yurevich Sokolov
29 September 1968
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Political party||Communist Party of the Soviet Union (Before 1991)
United Russia (2004–present)
|Alma mater||Leningrad State University|
Maksim Yurevich Sokolov (Russian: Максим Юрьевич Соколов, tr. Maksim Yurevich Sokolov; born 29 September 1968) is a Russian economist and politician who is the current Minister for Transportation, since May 21, 2012.
- Until 1991, he was a student at the Dept. of Economy and in Faculty of Law in the Leningrad State University (СПбГУ)
Professor in Higher School
Sokolov was working between 1991 to 1993 as a Lecturer in the Faculty of Economy in History of Economy and Macro Economics studies.
From 2011 Sokolov is a Professor and Chair of a Department in Higher Management School of Saint Petersburg State University.
In 1992, he became Chairman of the "Rossi" Company, until 1999, and between 1999 and 2004 he was Chairman of "Corporation S", a company that builds elite homes in St Petersburg.
In 2004, he was working in the Administration of Saint Petersburg as Head of Committee for Strategic Projects of the Municipal government. In 2009, he was a member of the municipal government, as Chairman of Committee for Economic Development, Industrial policy and Trade.
In 2009, he moved to Moscow and in December 4 in the same year he became the Director of Department for Industry and Infrastructures of the Government of Russia. In May 2012, he was appointed as Minister for Transportation in the Medvedev's Government.
He is married and has three sons.
Honours and awards
- Medal of the Order "For Merit" 2nd class
- Presidential Decree "On the appointment of the Minister for Transportation of the Russian Federation", 21.05.2012
- Published results of the expertise of Maksim Sokolov’s thesis on Dissernet server
- The minister of transport sokolov convicted of writing off of the thesis
|This article about a Russian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|