Street in the village
|• Municipal mayor||Vladimir Domjanić|
|• Total||34.36 km2 (13.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postal code||40321 Mala Subotica|
The village of Mala Subotica is located around 7 kilometres south-east of Čakovec, the county seat and largest city of Međimurje County, and had a population of 1,986 in the 2011 census. During the same census, the entire municipality had a population of 5,452, with 4,728 people identifying themselves as Croats.
Mala Subotica is famous for its developed underground music scene, which comes as a surprise since the village has population of just 2,000 people.
In addition to Mala Subotica, there were five other villages belonging to the municipality during the 2011 census:
- Držimurec – 388 people
- Palovec – 984 people
- Piškorovec – 672 people
- Strelec – 296 people
- Sveti Križ – 410 people
- Štefanec[a] – 716 people
- Since 2013, Štefanec is no longer part of municipality Mala Subotica.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Mala Subotica". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Međimurje". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Croatian Parliament (April 12, 2013). "Zakon o izmjeni i dopuni zakona o područjima županija, gradova i općina u Republici Hrvatskoj". Narodne novine (in Croatian) (44/2013).
- Municipality's website (Croatian)
|This Međimurje County geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|