Melaka Art Gallery
|Melaka Art Gallery|
Balai Seni Lukis Melaka
|Location||Melaka City, Melaka, Malaysia|
|Management||Melaka Museum Corporation|
The art gallery was established in 1958. The gallery was closed in February–November 2006 for renovation and upgrading works. It was then officiated on 8 November 2006 by Datuk Hj. Abdul Rahaman bin Hj. Abdul Karim, the chairman of the State Tourism, Culture and Heritage Committee.
The permanent section of the gallery exhibits around 150 paintings and 30 sculptures produced by famous Malaysian artists, such as Rafie Abd Rahman, Wan Hui-jyu, Rahmat Ramli, Rafie Abd Ghani and Jehan Chan. Foreign artists displayed including Gerard Van Den Oetelaar from the Netherlands. The gallery also regularly exhibits other exhibitions such as calligraphy, movie etc.
- "Museums Connect Phase I Museum Profile Form" (PDF). aam-us.org. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Melaka Art Gallery". AmazingMelaka.com.
- NOR HAYATI ZAINUIDN. "Generasi muda pewaris seni khat". Utusan Online.
- "Melaka hargai seni lukis". Ww1.utusan.com.my. 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Balai Seni Lukis Melaka Kini Dibuka Kepada Pelawat :: Bernama.com". bernama.com.
- Daniel, Timothy P. (2005). Building Cultural Nationalism in Malaysia: Identity, Representation, and Citizenship. New York: Routledge. pp. 108–109.
- "Melaka sesuai lokasi penggambaran filem". Utusan Online.
- "PERZIM - Majlis Perasmian Pameran Ekspressi Seni Khat". PERZIM.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Melaka Art Gallery.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|