Malahide Cricket Club Ground
|Malahide Cricket Club Ground|
2013 ODI between Ireland and England
|Location||Malahide, Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Owner||Malahide Cricket Club[additional citation(s) needed]|
|Tenants||Ireland Cricket Team|
|Dublin Road End
|Only Test||11–15 May 2018:
Ireland v Pakistan
|First ODI||3 September 2013:
Ireland v England
|Last ODI||21 May 2017:
Ireland v New Zealand
|First T20I||17 July 2015:
Nepal v Papua New Guinea
|Last T20I||26 July 2015:
Netherlands v Scotland
|As of 11 May 2018
Source: ESPN Cricinfo
Malahide Cricket Club Ground or The Village is a cricket ground in Malahide, Ireland situated in the Lady Acre field of Malahide Castle grounds. The ground is owned by the Malahide Cricket Club. The ground has been developed to a capacity of 11,500 making it Ireland's biggest cricket venue and officially opened for international cricket in 2013. In November 2017, it was confirmed as the venue for Ireland's first Test match, when they played Pakistan in May 2018.
In September 2013, International Cricket Council cleared the ground to host international cricket. The ground hosted its first international cricket match when home team Ireland played against England with England winning by six wickets after captain Eoin Morgan hit 124 not out on what had been his home ground in his youth. The capacity was designed to be increased to 11500 using temporary grandstands and hospitality tents making it the biggest in Ireland with a record attendance for the Island of Ireland of over 10,000.
|1||118||Kevin O'Brien||Ireland||217||3||Pakistan||11 May 2018||Lost|
10 ODI centuries have been scored at the venue.
|1||112||William Porterfield||Ireland||142||England||3 September 2013||Lost|
|2||124*||Eoin Morgan||England||106||Ireland||3 September 2013||Won|
|3||101*||Ravi Bopara||England||75||Ireland||3 September 2013||Won|
|4||101*||Richie Berrington||Scotland||126||Ireland||10 September 2014||Won|
|5||116*||Calum MacLeod||Scotland||141||Ireland||10 September 2014||Won|
|6||100*||Dinesh Chandimal||Sri Lanka||107||Ireland||16 June 2016||Won|
|7||135||Kusal Perera||Sri Lanka||128||Ireland||16 June 2016||Won|
|8||152||Sharjeel Khan||Pakistan||86||Ireland||18 August 2016||Won|
|9||109||Niall O'Brien||Ireland||131||New Zealand||14 May 2017||Lost|
|10||104||Tom Latham||New Zealand||111||Ireland||21 May 2017||Won|
International five wicket hauls
Test five-wicket hauls
ODI five-wicket hauls
Five ODI five-wicket hauls have been taken at this venue.
|1||5/46||Ireland||Craig Young||Scotland||8 September 2014||Won|
|2||5/54||Scotland||Majid Haq||Ireland||12 September 2014||Won|
|3||5/43||Sri Lanka||Dasun Shanaka||Ireland||16 June 2016||Won|
|4||5/14||Pakistan||Imad Wasim||Ireland||18 August 2016||Won|
|5||5/50||New Zealand||Mitchell Santner||Ireland||14 May 2017||Won|
- "Malahide to host England ODI". ESPNcricinfo. 1 June 2012. Archived from the original on 17 September 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- Malahide Cricket Club
- "Malahide to host Ireland's first Test match when they play Pakistan in May". BBC Sport. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- Flynn, Odran (2 September 2013). "Cricket Ireland to get largest ever attendance tomorrow". Newstalk. Archived from the original on 5 February 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "ICC announces schedule of ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier 2015". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / Test cricket / Batting records". Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "Statistics / Statsguru / One-Day Internationals / Batting records". Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "The Village, Malahide, Dublin / Records / Test Cricket / Best bowling figures in an innings". Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "The Village, Malahide, Dublin / Records / One-Day Internationals / Best bowling figures in an innings". Retrieved 16 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malahide Cricket Ground.|