|Old City, Hyderabad|
|Metro||Hyderabad Metropolitan Region|
|Named for||Malik Yaqoub|
|• Official||Urdu, Telugu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hyderabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Malakpet|
The major landmarks here are the popular Hyderabad Race Club, and also the historic Mahbub Mansion Market or Mahbub Gunj Market. The Asman Garh Palace and Monsieur Raymond's Tomb are other historical places located here.
The Nalgonda "X" Roads Junction is a major commercial hub.
Malakpet is home to several well equipped multi-speciality hospitals. Below is a list of major hospitals in the locality:
- M.N. Area Hospital ( a Govt. Hospital under Vaidya Vidhana Parishad)
- Susrutha Hospital
- Bibi Cancer Hospital
- Venus Hospital
- New Life Hospital
- Yashoda Hospital
- Hegde Hospital
- Farhat Hospital
The state-owned TSRTC runs the city bus service, connecting to all the major centres of the city. All the buses running from Dilsukhnagar and Midhani bus depots pass through Malakpet. Malakpet has an MMTS train station, which is used for commuting. The Nalgonda 'X' Road connects the nearby busy areas of Dilsukhnagar and Saidabad and is a hub of huge traffic.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malakpet.|
- "Names of city localities hark back to a forgotten era - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-07-20.
- "Hyderabad Race Club". www.hydraces.com. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "Hyderabad's tryst with horse racing: From a leisurely sport to a multi-crore business". The News Minute. 2018-08-11. Retrieved 2018-10-14.
- "Hyderabad Race Club or Malakpet Race Course - Information with Photos & Videos". HyderabadPlanet.com. Retrieved 2018-07-20.