|Union councils||Total 17|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|• Summer (DST)||DST (UTC+6)|
MALAKWAL is a Tehsil and Sub divisional headquarter in Mandi Bahuddin District of province PUNJAB in Pakistan. It is located approximately 200 Kilometers south east of the Capital Islamabad, and approximately 35 Kilometers from its district headquarters Mandi Bahauddin. It has moderate climate. During peak summer the day temperature rises to 40 °C, and falls to 2 °C in the months of December and January.
Malakwal is renowned for its Railway Junction, which prior to 2002 brought locomotive fans from all over the world to the city to view their SPS and SGS class locomotives, which were at the time the last on the Indo Pak subcontinent.
- Malakwal city is divided in three districts Mandi Bahauddin 80% Sargodha 17% AND 3% in Jhelum.Population of MALAKWAL is round about 60,000.
- Malakwal railways junction is connected to the country by Railroad and highway network. Trains are available for travel to all main cities of Pakistan.
- M2 motorway Bhera interchange is 35 km from Malakwal and GT road ISD-LHR section is 70 km as well.
- Sui Gas was provided by Benazir Bhutto on 1 May 1994.
- First telephone Exchange was installed in Malakwal in 1964 with manual operating system and then converted to digital system in 1994. City is well equipped with Ptcl optical fiber exchange and 3G mobile networks.
- updated by Tanvir Khokhar**
- Bank of Punjab
- Habib bank limited
- Allied Bank Limited
- United Bank Limited
- Bank Alfalah Limited
- Muslim Commercial Bank
- National Bank of Pakistan
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited
- Central Directorate of National Savings
The students of Malakwal are getting best knowledge from these institutes:-
- Govt.High School(Boys)
- Govt.Refiul ISLAM High School(boys)
- Govt.High School(Girls)
- Govt. Degree College(Boys)
- Govt. Degree College(Women)
- Moon School
- The Educators
- Allied School
- The Smart School
- The spirit school
- Dar-e-Arqam school
- Beacon House School
- Aisha Group of Schools
- Ghazali Public High School
- Popular science secondary school
- Usman Science Secondary School
- Ayesha Science Secondary School
Mandi Bahaudddin is located in between two famous rivers, i.e., Jhelum River and River Chenab. Because of its proximity with the rivers, the land is good for cultivation with rice, wheat and sugar cane as main crops. It is bounded on the south by the river Chenab, separating it from the districts of Gujranwala and Hafizabad, bounded on the north by the river Jhelum separating it from district Jhelum, on the east by district Gujrat and on the south west by District Sargodha. Mandi Bahauddin is located in the central portion of Chaj Doab, lying between the Jhelum and Chenab rivers. It lies between 30-8 to 32-40 degrees latitude and 73-36 to 73-37 degrees east longitude.
In 997 CE, Sultan Mahmud Ghaznavi, took over the Ghaznavid dynasty empire established by his father, Sultan Sebuktegin, In 1005 he conquered the Shahis in Kabul in 1005, and followed it by the conquests of Punjab region. The Delhi Sultanate and later Mughal Empire ruled the region. The Punjab region became predominantly Muslim due to missionary Sufi saints whose dargahs dot the landscape of Punjab region.
After the decline of the Mughal Empire, the Sikh Empire invaded and occupied Mandi Bahauddin. The Muslims faced restrictions during the Sikh rule. During the period of British rule, Mandi Bahauddin increased in population and importance.
The predominantly Muslim population supported Muslim League and Pakistan Movement. After the independence of Pakistan in 1947, the minority Hindus and Sikhs migrated to India while the Muslims refugees from India settled down in the Mandi Bahauddin.
- North = District Jhelum
- West = District Sargodha
- South = District Hafizabad and Gujranwala
- East = District Gujrat
District Mandi Bahauddin is spread over an area of 2673 square kilometres comprising the following three tehsils:
There are 65 Union Councils in the District Mandi Bahauddin.