Malawi at the 1984 Summer Olympics
|Malawi at the
1984 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Olympic and Commonwealth Games Association of Malawi|
|in Los Angeles|
|Competitors||15 (15 men) in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Fletcher Kapito|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
Malawi competed at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, California, United States. The nation returned to the Olympic Games after boycotting both the 1976 and 1980 Games. Fifteen competitors, all men, took part in sixteen events in three sports.
Men's 400 metres
- Heat — 49.12 (→ did not advance)
Men's 5,000 metres
- Heat — 14:48.08 (→ did not advance)
Men's 10,000 metres
- Qualifying Heat — 30:47.73 (→ did not advance, 38th place out of 41)
Four cyclists represented Malawi in 1984.
- Dyton Chimwaza — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Daniel Kaswanga — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- George Nayeja — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Amadu Yusufu — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- "Malawi at the 1984 Summer Games". Sports Reference. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
|This article about sports in Malawi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1984 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|