From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Malaya may refer to:
Malaya including Singapore
Malaya excluding Singapore
- The Malayan Union (1946–1948), a post-war British colony consisting of all the states and settlements in British Malaya except Singapore.
- The Federation of Malaya (1948–1963), the successor to the Malayan Union, which gained independence within the Commonwealth of Nations in 1957.
- The present-day States of Malaya (1963–present), now usually known as Peninsular Malaysia or West Malaysia, comprising the states and territories of the former Federation of Malaya.
- Malaya Company a multidisciplinary branding and product redesign firm that originated from a partnership between Singaporean and Malaysian entrepreneurs.
- Malaya (film), a 1949 American film set in Japanese occupied Malaya
- Malayan (film), a 2009 Tamil film
- HMS Malaya, a Queen Elizabeth class battleship of the Royal Navy
- Operation Malaya, an ongoing police investigation taking place in Spain
- Oxana Malaya (born 1983), Ukrainian mental patient known for her morbid dog-like childhood behaviour
- Malaya (newspaper), after the Tagalog word meaning "free" or "freedom"
- The name of a national forest or sacred garden, comparable to the Garden of Eden, in Shambhala tradition
- The Malayan tribe of Kerala state in India
- In Russian names, малая, feminine singular nominative of the Russian adjective малый = "small"
- Swahili for a "woman of the town"
- Malaya, a genus of mosquito
- Megisba malaya, a butterfly commonly called the Malayan
||Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Malaya.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malaya.