From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Malaya, Malayan, or malaya in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Malaya may refer to:
Malaya including Singapore
- British Malaya (18th century–1946), a loose collection of British-controlled states
- In Singapore law, Malaya means the States of Malaya (also known as Peninsular Malaysia) together with Singapore (1946–present).
Malaya excluding Singapore
- The Malay states, locally-ruled states under British protection (divided into the Federated Malay States and the Unfederated Malay States)
- The Malayan Union (1946–1948), a post-war British colony consisting of all states in British Malaya except Singapore
- The Federation of Malaya (1948–1963), the successor to the Malayan Union (also excluding Singapore), which gained independence within the Commonwealth of Nations in 1957
- Present-day Peninsular Malaysia (1963–present), also formally known as the States of Malaya or West Malaysia, includes the states and territories formerly composing the Federation of Malaya
- Malaya (film), a 1949 American film set in Japanese occupied Malaya
- Malayan (film), a 2009 Tamil film
- HMS Malaya, a Queen Elizabeth class battleship of the Royal Navy
- Operation Malaya, an ongoing police investigation taking place in Spain
- Oxana Malaya (born 1983), Ukrainian mental patient known for her morbid dog-like childhood behaviour
- Malaya (newspaper), after the Tagalog word meaning "free" or "freedom"
- The name of a "National Forest" or sacred garden, comparable to the Garden of Eden, in Shambhala tradition
- The Malayan tribe of Kerala State in India
- In Russian names, малая, feminine singular nominative of the Russian adjective малый = "small"
- Swahili for a "woman of the town"
- Malaya, a genus of the mosquito
- s. 2, Interpretation Act (Cap. 1), Statutes of the Republic of Singapore
- Malays (ethnic group)
- Malay language, a major language of the Austronesian family
- Malaysia, a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.