|Look up malaya in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Malaya may refer to:
- Malay Peninsula, a region in southeast Asia
- Malay Archipelago, the broader macroregion
- Malaya Mountains, a place in Hindu mythology
Malaya including Singapore
- British Malaya (18th century–1946), a loose collection of the British colony of the Straits Settlements and the British protectorates of the Malay States
Malaya excluding Singapore
- The Malayan Union (1946–1948), a post-war British colony consisting of all the states and settlements in British Malaya except Singapore.
- The Federation of Malaya (1948–1963), the successor to the Malayan Union, which gained independence within the Commonwealth of Nations in 1957.
- The present-day States of Malaya (1963–present), now usually known as Peninsular Malaysia or West Malaysia, comprising the states and territories of the former Federation of Malaya.
Arts and media
- Malaya (film), a 1949 American film set in Japanese occupied Malaya
- Malayan (film), a 2009 Tamil film
- Malaya (newspaper), after the Tagalog word meaning "free" or "freedom"
- Malaya (genus), a genus of mosquito
- Megisba malaya, a butterfly commonly called the Malayan
- Oxana Malaya (born 1983), Ukrainian mental patient known for her morbid dog-like childhood behaviour
- HMS Malaya, a Queen Elizabeth-class battleship of the Royal Navy
- Operation Malaya, a police investigation taking place in Spain
- A sacred forest or garden in Shambhala tradition, comparable to the Garden of Eden
- The Malayan tribe of Kerala state in India
- In Russian names, малая, feminine singular nominative of the Russian adjective малый = "small"
- Swahili for a "woman of the town"
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Malaya.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malaya.|
|Look up Malaya, Malayan, or malaya in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Malaysian (disambiguation)
- Malay (disambiguation)
- Malays (disambiguation)
- Malays (ethnic group)
- Malay language, a major language of the Austronesian family
- Malaysia, a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia
- Malayalam, a South Asian language
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Malaya.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.