|The holotype of Malayemys khoratensis|
|Morphological differences in shell characteristics and head colouration patterns of Malayemys khoratensis (orange), Malayemys macrocephala (blue), Malayemys subtrijuga (green).|
The genus description is attributed to Lindholm, 1931. Damonia was used by Gray in 1869, but is considered a junior homonym. It was considered monotypic until 2004. As of 2016, the genus consists of three species: Malayemys macrocephala, Malayemys subtrijuga and Malayemys khoratensis the name Malayemys isan has been demonstrated to have not been published until after the name M. khoratensis if it was published under the code at all.
Malayemys has a native distribution in Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam, and was introduced into Java, Indonesia.
- TTWG (Rhodin, A. G. J., Iverson, J. B., Bour, R., Fritz, U., Georges, A., Shaffer, H. B. & van Dijk, P. P.) 2017. Turtles of the World: Annotated Checklist and Atlas of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution, and Conservation Status (8th Ed.). Chelonian Research Monographs, Number 7. 292 pp. ISBN 978-1-5323-5026-9
- Brophy, T. R. 2004. Geographic variation and systematics in the south-east Asian turtles of the genus Malayemys (Testudines: Bataguridae). Hamadryad 29:63-79. http://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1057&context=bio_chem_fac_pubs
- Ihlow, F., Vamberger, M., Flecks, M., Hartmann, T., Cota, M., Makchai, S., Meewattana, P., Dawson, J. E., Long Kheng, L., Rödder, D. & Fritz, U. 2016. Integrative Taxonomy of Southeast Asian Snail-Eating Turtles (Geoemydidae: Malayemys) Reveals a New Species and Mitochondrial Introgression. PLoS ONE 11(4):e0153108. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0153108.
- Montri Sumontha, Timothy R. Brophy, Kirati Kunya, Suthep Wiboonatthapol and Olivier S. G. Pauwels (2016). "A new snail-eating turtle of the genus Malayemys Lindholm, 1931 (Geoemydidae) from Thailand and Laos" (PDF). Taprobanica. The Asian Journal of Biodiversity. 8 (1): 1–9.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Thomson, S. A., Lambertz, M. 2017. On the Nomenclatural Status of the Recently Described Snail-eating Turtle from Southeast Asia (Testudines, Geoemydidae): Malayemys khoratensis Ihlow et al. 2016 vs. Malayemys isan Sumontha et al. 2016. Chelonian Conservation and Biology. December 2017, 16(2):239-245 PDF
|Wikispecies has information related to Malayemys|
|This article about a turtle is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|