Malaysia–Turkmenistan relations refers to foreign relations between the two countries, Malaysia and Turkmenistan. Malaysia has an embassy in Ashgabat, and Turkmenistan has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
Currently, both Malaysia and Turkmenistan are looking to increase bilateral ties especially on economic relations. A number of documents have been signed by both sides to forge closer ties between them. In addition, a number of Malaysian companies have shown interest in the development of tourism and infrastructure between the two countries. In 2012, the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov invited more Malaysian firms to explore business opportunities in Turkmenistan. Malaysian company Petronas has been operating within the country since 1996. Malaysia also seeks to expand its halal food trade, as well as total trade between the two countries. In 2013 this trade amounted to $33.13 million compared to $11.68 million in 2012 and $24.27 million in 2011.
- H. Hasanov (8 December 2011). "Malaysia opens embassy in Turkmenistan". Trend. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "TURKMENISTAN OPENS EMBASSY IN MALAYSIA". The Permanent Mission of Turkmenistan to the United Nations. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Malaysia, Turkmenistan look to increase bilateral ties". Central Asia Newswire. 27 July 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Malaysia-Turkmenistan To Sign Five Documents During Najib’s Visit". Bernama, Najib Razak. 11 July 2011. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Sarban Singh (20 November 2008). "Malaysia keen to help Turkmenistan". The Star. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Malaysia invited to diversify Turkmenistan investment". New Straits Times. 7 February 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Malaysia seeks to expand halal food industry to Turkmenistan". Halal Focus. Ahlul Bayt (a.s.) News Agency. 18 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Turkmen-Malaysian top level talks held in Kuala Lumpur State News Agency of Turkmenistan (TDH)
- AMBASSADOR OF TURKMENISTAN IS ASSIGNED IN MALAYSIA The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|