Malaysia National Alliance Party
|President||Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir|
|Secretary-General||Mustafa Kamal Maulut|
|Founded||7 June 2012|
|Legalised||15 May 2015|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|National affiliation||Gagasan Sejahtera (since 2016)|
|Colours||Red, white and black|
Unity, Progress, Fairness, Happiness (English) |
Bersatu, Maju, Adil, Bahagia (Malay)
0 / 70
0 / 222
|Dewan Undangan Negeri:||
0 / 587
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Parti Ikatan Bangsa Malaysia (IKATAN) or English: Malaysia National Alliance Party is a political party in Malaysia formed on 7 June 2012 by a former United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) member and Minister, Abdul Kadir Sheikh Fadzir along with a few former UMNO members. The party was forced to wait for more than two years for approval from the Registrar of Societies (RoS). In February 2013, Abdul Kadir dragged the RoS to High Court for them to approve the party. The party was later approved on 15 May 2015.
The party said that they are not pro-government nor pro-opposition. However IKATAN and Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) formed an informal Third Force political alliances on 16 March 2016, which was later called as Gagasan Sejahtera on 13 August 2016.
In the 14th general election, IKATAN failed to win a single state or parliamentary seat in the seats it had contested. The party is currently unrepresented in the Dewan Rakyat and in all of the state legislative assemblies.
- "Kadir Sheikh Fadzir forms new party, could bolster opposition to BN in polls". The Malaysian Insider. 29 May 2012. Archived from the original on 22 May 2015. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Parti Ikatan hauls ROS to court". Free Malaysia Today. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Former minister Kadir launches new multi-racial party". The Star. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Parti IKATAN aims to resurrect the aspiration of Malaysia's founding fathers". Astro Awani. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "We're not pro-Bn or PR, but pro-Tunku Abdul Rahman, says new political party". The Rakyat Post. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "PAS, Ikatan seal 'third force' pact". The Star. 16 Mar 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- Syed Jaymal Zahiid (13 August 2016). "PAS and Ikatan To Form Gagasan Sejahtera". The Malay Mail.
- Hafiz Marzukhi (13 August 2016). "Kerjasama PAS-Ikatan: Blok ketiga diberi nama Gagasan Sejahtera". Astro Awani.|language=Malay
- Shakira Buang (13 August 2016). "Kerjasama PAS-IKATAN lahirkan Gagasan Sejahtera". Malaysiakini.|language=Malay
- Shakira Buang (13 August 2016). "PAS now part of 'Gagasan Sejahtera', to wait and see on Bersatu". Malaysiakini.
|This article about a Malaysian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|