|Title(s)||Queen of Succubi|
|Power level||demon lord|
|Domains||Chaos, Evil, Temptation, Trickery|
Malcanthet is first mentioned in the Maure Castle adventure in Dungeon #112, and in another adventure in Dungeon #124, and later in Baphomet's entry in the "Demonomicon of Iggwilv" series in Dragon.
Malcanthet is described as an incredibly beautiful human-like female with bat-wings, horns, and a long prehensile tail tipped with a spike-like stinger.
Malcanthet is the current holder of the title of Succubus Queen; other demon lords aspiring to the position include Lady Lynkhab, the currently imprisoned Shami-Amourae, and the exiled Xinivrae. Other rivals exist elsewhere in the Abyss, but they ultimately pose little or no threat to Malcanthet.
Malcanthet was among the first of the succubi to come into being in the Abyss. She obtained her current title after years of waging wars and committing savage betrayals upon her fellow "sister" succubi and former paramours. As a result of her ruthless climb to the top, she has cultivated a long list of enemies, which includes Graz'zt, Yeenoghu, and Baphomet. Her few allies include the Prince of Demons Demogorgon, with whom she birthed the monstrous Arendagrost; Pazuzu, from whom she mothered the succubus Red Shroud; her current consort Mastiphal the Hunting Sovereign; and Socothbenoth, a demon lord concerned with sexual taboos and perversions.
The Succubus Queen's realm is the 570th layer of the Abyss, and is known as Shendilavri. Once a disgusting layer of heaving and "shuddering flesh", Malcanthet has transformed it into a verdant paradise, but ultimately, it is a paradise for only Malcanthet herself.
Cult of Malcanthet
The following of the Succubus Queen can be loosely described as a cult. Its lack of organization and constant struggles for power and dominance between its members strongly reflects the politicts of the Queens home plane of Abyss. Most of Malcanthet's followers are female. The few males to join the fold (usually due to the effects of a charm or some similar device) are regarded with little more than contempt. They are used only for physical labor, personal servants, and consorts. The Thralls of Malcanthet are exclusively female. As they rise in rank and devotion they attain more and more powers similar to those of succubi. Ultimately they can learn to assume succubi forms themselves, albeit temporary.
- The Radiant Sisters - Thirteen lilitu bards who serve under their mistress. Their names are actually the colors they radiate, and each one has a soul-draining locket and a shining halo.
- Kuntz, Robert J., and Gary Gygax. Maure Castle. Dungeon #112 (Paizo Publishing, 2004)
- Kuntz, Robert J. Chambers of Antiquities. Dungeon #124 (Paizo Publishing, 2005)
- Jacobs, James. "The Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Baphomet." Dragon #341 (Paizo Publishing, 2006)
- Jacobs, James, Erik Mona, and Ed Stark. Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss (Wizards of the Coast, 2006)
- Jacobs, James. "The Demonomicon of Iggwilv: Malcanthet." Dragon #353 (Paizo Publishing, 2007)