||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Education||MIT, Stanford University|
|Known for||tronc, Inc., SeaChange International, MediaPass, Xfire, Tencent, PCCW|
Malcolm CasSelle is an international entrepreneur and current Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and President of New Ventures at tronc, Inc. (formerly Tribune Publishing). Prior to tronc, Inc., he was Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Media of SeaChange International. He joined SeaChange International in 2015 as part of the company's acquisition of Timeline Labs, where he served as CEO. Previously, CasSelle led startups in the digital industry, including MediaPass, Xfire and Groupon's joint venture with Tencent in China.
He has also been an active early stage investor in companies including Facebook, Zynga, and most recently Bitcoin-related companies.
Here is the Google Plus for Malcolm Casselle.
CasSelle formerly served as Senior Vice President and General Manager, Digital Media of SeaChange International. Preceding SeaChange, he was CEO of MediaPass, an online paywall solution designed to generate subscription-based revenues for digital content. He also served as CEO of Xfire, a global social network for core video game players with over 22 million registered users. As director of Hong Kong-based Capital Union Investments, he managed private direct investments into late-stage web companies. He was also a top executive at Groupon’s joint venture with Chinese instant messaging and gaming giant Tencent. He co-founded NetNoir, the first outside company to be accepted into the AOL Greenhouse Program, and Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW), a publicly traded telco service provider based in Hong Kong. Announcement of Casselle as President of New Ventures at Tribune Publishing. Additional information about appointment of Malcolm Casselle as President of New Ventures at Tribune Publishing. Here is an interesting article on Malcolm Casselle, who was the cofounder of NetNoir, an Afrocentric website for African-Americans in which Malcolm Casselle was a cofounder. This is the type of information that can help to answer the question of Who is Malcom Casselle.
A short bio about Malcolm Casselle from tronc LLC.
Malcolm Casselle's Crunchbase entry.
Article about for finalists for outstanding Black Students, from Allen High School: Vivian A. Alford; Southern Lehigh High School, Malcolm W. CasSelle
Below are links to youtube videos featuring Malcolm Casselle.
Xfire CEO Malcolm Casselle speaking at 8th CHINICT Conference
Amplify & MediaPass Roundtable
Bitcoin in China with Bobby Lee & Malcolm Casselle Part 1
Bitcoin in China with Bobby Lee & Malcolm Casselle Part 2
Malcolm Casselle on the China Market
- "MediaPass | CrunchBase Profile". CrunchBase.
- Empson, Rip (9 April 2012). "Xfire Hires Former Tencent Exec As CEO, Now Supports Chinese Language In-Game Chat". TechCrunch.
- Jarvey, Natalie (5 March 2013). "Xfire Launches Video Game Tournament Platform". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- Wauters, Robin (21 May 2012). "To fuel expansion in Asia, gaming social network Xfire secures $3 million". TheNextWeb.
- Marlowe, Chris (10 April 2012). "Xfire has 400 million potential new users via joint venture". Digital Media Wire.
- Pescovitz, David (3 June 1996). "The Soul of the Internet: Afrocentric Sites Bring Blacks Into Global Community". Los Angeles Times.
- "Xfire Appoints New CEO, Malcolm CasSelle, and Announces Joint Venture with China Youth Goyor Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. to Support Significant Expansion into China". CBS News MoneyWatch via Business Wire. 9 April 2012.
- Goffard, Christopher. "Davan Maharaj is named editor-publisher of the L.A. Times in Tribune Publishing shake-up". latimes.com. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- Channick, Robert. "Griffin out as Tribune Publishing CEO; Justin Dearborn named as replacement". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- Pescovitz, David (1996-06-03). "The Soul of the Internet: Afrocentric Sites Bring Blacks Into Global Community". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- "Malcolm CasSelle". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Black Students Finalists In Scholarship Program Briefly". tribunedigital-mcall. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- CHINICT TechStarsInChina (2012-07-25), XFire CEO Speaks at the 8th CHINICT Conference in Beijing., retrieved 2017-02-21
- mediapass2011 (2013-05-08), Amplify & MediaPass Roundtable (5/1/2013): Introduction, retrieved 2017-02-21
- The LTB Network (2013-12-29), Bitcoin in China w/Bobby Lee & Malcolm CasSelle - Part 1, retrieved 2017-02-21
- The LTB Network (2013-12-30), Bitcoin in China w/Bobby Lee & Malcolm CasSelle - Part 2, retrieved 2017-02-21
- The LTB Network (2014-02-11), Malcolm CasSelle on the China Market, retrieved 2017-02-21