Malcolm Evans (academic lawyer)
Malcolm David Evans
Malcolm Evans (2015)
|Occupation||Professor of Public International Law|
|Known for||English legal scholar|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG)|
|Education||Regent's Park College, Oxford|
|Institutions||University of Bristol|
He studied law at Regent's Park College, Oxford (1979-82 and 1983-87). He was appointed to a lectureship at the University of Bristol in 1988 and in 1999 was appointed Professor of Public International Law. He was Head of the School of Law 2003-05 before becoming Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law.
He is a member of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Advisory Panel on Freedom of Religion and Belief; the International Law Association Human Rights Law and Practice Committee; and the Board of Management of the Association for the Prevention of Torture.
He has worked extensively on human rights issues for numerous international bodies and NGOs and is currently a member and Chair of the United Nations Subcommittee for the Prevention of Torture.
He was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG) in the 2016 New Year Honours for services to torture prevention and religious freedom.
- Evans, Malcolm D. (1989). Relevant Circumstances and Maritime Delimitation. Oxford: Clarendon Press. ISBN 978-0-198-25240-5.
- ——— (1997). Religious Liberty and International Law in Europe. Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-55021-5.
- ———; Morgan, Rod (1998). Preventing Torture: A Study of the European Convention for the Prevention of Torture. Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-198-26257-2.
- ———; Morgan, Rod (2001). Combating Torture in Europe. Council of Europe Press. ISBN 978-9-2871-4614-4.
- ——— (2008). Manual on the Wearing of Religious Symbols in Public Areas. Council of Europe & Martinus Nijhoff. ISBN 978-9-2871-6616-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malcolm Evans.|
- "The Chair and the Panel". Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "The Chair and the Panel". Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Archived from the original on 26 June 2015. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "No. 61450". The London Gazette (Supplement). 30 December 2015. p. N4.
|This biography of an English academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|