Malcolm Ross (courtier)
|Sir Walter Hugh Malcolm Ross
Lord Prior of Order of St John
1 September 2016
|Preceded by||Neil Conn|
|Extra Equerry to the Queen|
|Master of the Household to the Prince of Wales|
|Preceded by||Kevin Knott|
|Succeeded by||Richard Pattle|
|Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain's Office|
|Succeeded by||Sir Andrew Ford|
|Born||27 October 1943|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Jane Gow
|Children||Tabitha Alice Ross
Flora Jane Josephine Ross
Hector Walter James Ross
|Parents||Walter John Macdonald Ross
Josephine May Cross
|Alma mater||Royal Military College, Sandhurst|
|Years of service||British Army|
Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Walter Hugh Malcolm Ross, GCVO, OBE, GCStJ (born 27 October 1943) is a member of the Royal Household of the Sovereign of the United Kingdom, and since 2006 of the household of Prince Charles.
Ross was born on 27 October 1943 to Colonel Walter John Macdonald Ross (d. 1982) and Josephine May Cross (d. 1982). His younger brother is Walter Robert Alexander Ross (b. 1950). He was educated at Eton and Sandhurst. He served in the Scots Guards from 1964 to 1987, holding the posts of Adjutant at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst 1977–1979, and reaching the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel in 1982.
Ross joined the Royal Household in 1987 as Assistant Comptroller of the Lord Chamberlain's Office and Management Auditor. In 1989 he ceased to be Management Auditor, but remained as Assistant Comptroller until 1990. From 1989 to 1990 he was Secretary of the Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood.
He was made an OBE in 1988, and joined the Royal Victorian Order in 1994 as a CVO. He was knighted as a KCVO in 1999, and advanced to GCVO in 2005. He was appointed GCStJ in 2016 becoming a Bailiff Grand Cross of the Order of St John. 
On September 1, 2016, he was appointed as the Lord Prior of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.
On 31 January 1969, he married Susan Jane Gow (b. 1949), daughter of General Sir James Michael Gow (1924–2013) and Jane Emily Scott. Through his wife, he is the uncle of Sophie Hunter (b. 1978), the wife of actor Benedict Cumberbatch. Together, they had:
- Tabitha Alice Ross (b. 1970)
- Flora Jane Josephine Ross (b. 1974)
- Hector Walter James Ross (b. 1983)
- "Debretts". Retrieved 2013-04-10.[permanent dead link]
- Prince Of Wales.gov. "Sir Malcolm Ross is appointed Master of the Household". PrinceOfWales.gov.uk (28 October 2005). Archived from the original on 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2016-10-23.
- Burke's Peearage (2003) volume 3, page 3401
- No. 10 Downing Street. "Sir Malcolm Ross - Profile". Number-10.gov.uk (3 March 2006). Archived from the original on 11 June 2007. Retrieved 23 May 2007.
- "2633708 | Order of St John | The Gazette". m.thegazette.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Elizabeth Judge. "Sir Malcolm Ross". The Times (14 May 2007). London. Retrieved 2007-05-22.[dead link]
- "Westminster Group Plc Board Members". Westminster Group Plc website. Archived from the original on 1 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2016. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- Hawkes, Rebecca (5 November 2014). "Sophie Hunter: who is Benedict Cumberbatch's fiancée?". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
...she is a 36-year-old Oxford graduate...
Sir Norman Arthur
|Lord Lieutenant of Kirkcudbright
|Lord Prior of the Order St John