Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 'Two British historians of Persia', in Bernard Lewis & Peter Malcolm Holt, eds., Historians of the Middle East, 1962
- (ed. with V. J. Parry) War, technology and society in the Middle East, 1975
- (ed. with David Taylor) Political identity in South Asia, 1979
- Chingis Khan and the Mongol Empire, 1980
- Strategies of British India: Britain, Iran, and Afghanistan, 1798-1850, 1980
- The making of the modern Near East, 1792-1923, 1987
- 'Europe in the Turkish mirror', Past and Present, 137 (1992), pp. 134–55
- The Near East since the First World War: a History to 1995, 1991.
- (ed.) Politics and diplomacy in Egypt: the diaries of Sir Miles Lampson 1935-1937, 1997.
- 'The Legend of the Great Game'. Proceedings of the British Academy, no. 111, 2001, pp. 179–198
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|