|Hubs||Velana International Airport|
|Company slogan||Bridging the gap|
|Parent company||Island Aviation Services|
Ahmed Shafeeu (Chairman) |
Abdul Haris (Managing Director)
Maldivian is the airline division of Island Aviation Services based in Malé, in the Maldives. It is the national airline of the Maldives. It operates international flights in addition to inter-island services. Its main base is Ibrahim Nasir International Airport.
On 23 April 2009, the Government under a Presidential decree incorporated Island Aviation Services Limited as a limited liability Company, one hundred percent owned by the Government of Maldives. The airline began operations with three aircraft; a Bombardier Dash 8 Q200; and a Dornier 228, and served only domestic airports within the Maldives. The airline commenced its international flights on 26 January 2008 with scheduled flights to Thiruvananthapuram, India. On 25 August 2008, the airline division of Island Aviation Services was re-branded as Maldivian.
Maldivian flies to the following destinations on scheduled domestic and international service as of July 2016:
- Changsha – Changsha Huanghua International Airport
- Chengdu - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport
- Chongqing – Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport
- Fuzhou – Fuzhou Changle International Airport
- Nanjing – Nanjing Lukou International Airport
- Wuhan – Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Xi'an – Xi'an Xianyang International Airport
- Hangzhou - Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
- Malé – Velana International Airport Hub
- Addu Atoll – Gan International Airport
- Baa Atoll – Dharavandhoo Airport
- Gaafu Alif Atoll – Kooddoo Airport
- Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll – Kaadedhdhoo Airport
- Gnaviyani Atoll – Fuvahmulah Airport
- Haa Dhaalu Atoll – Hanimaadhoo International Airport
- Laamu Atoll – Kadhdhoo Airport
- Raa Atoll – Ifuru Airport 
- Thaa Atoll – Thimarafushi Airport
- Dhaalu Atoll - Kudahuvadhoo airport
- Resorts Operated by - Maldivian Seaplane
- Raa Atoll - Kudafushi Island Resort
- Baa Atoll - Anathara Kihavahuravalhi
- Baa Atoll - Four Seasons Private Island
- Baa Atoll - Vakkaru Island Resort (commencing operations in December 2017)
- Baa Atoll - Hirundu Isand Resort (commencing operations Mid 2018)
- Noonu Atoll - Robinson Club Noonu (commencing opeartions in December 2017)
- Dhaalu Atoll - Niyaama Private Isands
- Dhaalu Atoll - Kandima Island Resort
- Dhaalu Atoll - Doores Island Retreat
- Dhaalu Atoll - Maagau Island Resort (commencing operations Mid 2018)
- Thaa Atoll - Maalifushi Island Resort
The Maldivian fleet includes the following aircraft as of August 2017:
|Bombardier Dash 8 Q200||2||—||0||37||37|
|Bombardier Dash 8 Q300||7||1||0||50||50|
|de Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter Series 300||12||1||0||15||15|
The first livery used by the airline (as Island Aviation) featured a wave pattern along the bottom of the fuselage along with 2 dolphins and 2 tuna fish. The logo was placed in the center of the tail. Along with the re-branding of Maldivian, a new livery was introduced. The new livery saw the removal of the wave pattern to a plain white fuselage, and the addition of a blue wave, with two dolphins jumping out of the water on the tail of the aircraft.
- Aircraft Engineering Services
- Ground Control
- Flight Operations
- Aerodrome Operation
- "About Maldivian". www.maldivian.aero. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Maldivian - Our Company". Airline Route. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Destinations Maldivian".
- "Maldivian Adds Chengdu Service from July 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Media | 15th Jul 2013 | First flight to Chongqing China". maldivian.aero. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Media | 7th Feb 2016 | First Flight to Fuzhou, China". maldivian.aero. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Maldivian Plans to Start Wuhan Service from June 2014". Airline Route. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Media | 29th May 2015 | First Commercial Flight to Ifuru". maldivian.aero. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Media | 8th Sep 2013 | First Commercial Flight to Thimarafushi". maldivian.aero. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Maldivian (airline)'s Fleet". Maldivian official website. Retrieved 2012-01-19.
- "Island aviation, Maldivian".
- "Lounge services".
- "Inauguration of Kashimaa Lounge at Dharavandhoo Airport". Maldivian. Retrieved 16 January 2014.